BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Bad Mystery, very bad.
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Chapter-Master

Despite my insistence that turkey is another unwelcome American invasion and goose is the proper British tradition, I have once again been overruled and will be subjected to that most hated of birds. Christmas dinner is ruined yet again.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

I don't know what I'm having, my Mum hasn't told me.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Tzeentch's Dark Agent View Post
    I don't know what I'm having, my Mum hasn't told me.
    I laughed for a solid minute seeing that. My mum would expect me to do at least half of the cooking seeing as I'm nearly as good as she is lmao
    Personally I don't care which bird it is I roast up for the big dinner, it's only a centrepiece. The real action is with the trimmings and side dishes.

You ain't seen war 'til you've seen my family scrapping over yorkshire puddings, cripsy roast potatoes and stuffing balls... and then do it all over again when the triple salads and patties arrive.
    I have war wounds. True story.

This is why I'm glad I have a quiet christmas dinner planned this year. But there is one thing I need to add to the list I made earlier coz there is room for one more dish.

So friends, what shall it be? I leave that to you.
    I'm never afraid to try anything new

A crude representation of the only Angel who ever broke through my impenetrable fortress walls...

I cook for a living, my Mum didn't want me to cook Christmas day.

Veteran-Sergeant

I envy you then mate. Both your job and your mother.
    My mother is a strong proud woman who rules with fists of iron and blazing eyes of unbreakable will...

<_<

>_>

...and I love her very much.

A crude representation of the only Angel who ever broke through my impenetrable fortress walls...

Hahahahaha!

You probably wouldn't envy the giant burn on my left arm.

Veteran-Sergeant

You're right there! I have enough of my own war wounds thanks. I often forget that just because my hands aren't as heat-sensitive as they used to be, doesn't mean they won't burn.

Tips on how to avoid chronic heartburn this christmas?
    Classic text from my best mate: Eat some snow!
    So I guess I'll be adding snow to the menu this year.. assuming we get any more lol

We had some this year? Did I miss it?

Veteran-Sergeant

Maybe it was different down your end but here in the east we had a brief dusting overnight about a week ago.
    Course it was all gone by mid-morning, but that still didn't stop the entire transport system here from shutting down for half a day.

Maybe one day we will experience a real snowstorm..? Heaven help Britain if that happens.
    We'll be forced to drink our own urine and live off rats by the end of the first week, I swear!

And yes I have been in a real one. I was in Canada in '95 and we had only planned to visit for a few days. We spent 5 days and had to be dug out to get to our flight lol

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast