BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Brother-Captain

Default Lumbering Behemonth Rule Q

Alright, so we know this rule basicly lets you fire your turret +1 weapon your normally allowed to fire.

The question I have is around sponsons, and the turret gun being an ordanace weapon.
    The shooting for vehicles states that you can fire all weapons if you remain stationary, but under ordnance weapons it says you can never fire anything else if you fire an ordanace weapon.
    The Behomoth rule obviously lets you fire one weapon, but I see alot of people keeping the tank stationary and firing all weapons, EI, battle cannon, lascannons and heavy bolters...shouldn't the heavy bolters be unable to fire?

So doesn't the rule or page 58 (brb) make sponsons pretty worthless?
    DWs: Prussains. KoW: Elves WM: Khador WHFB: Dwarves WH40: IG, SM
    Games-workshop: changing the rules one new codex/army book at a time.

You may need to reread the Lumbering Behemoth rules. It doesn't say that the Leman Russ may fire one additional weapon. It allows the Turret weapon to be fired in addition to what the Tank could normally fire due to movement.

Brother-Captain

I haven't heard of any other interpration of you can "fire you turret weapon in addition to what you may normally fire"
    IE I'm going to fire my lascannon, then using the rule to fire my Turret.

Maybe I just over thought it.

Brother-Sergeant

I think I need help with this rule too. GW confusion talk.

You can fire everything if you remain stationary. The rule says:

A Leman Russ that moved at combat speed or remained stationary can fire its turret weapon in addition to any other weapons it is usually allowed to fire (even if the turret weapon is ordnance!).

In all cases, you say, "I'm going to fire as many weapons as I can fire given how far I moved" plus "I'm going to fire my turret, using the Lumbering Behemoth rule."

If you moved at combat speed, that's one weapon plus turret. But if you remained stationary, that's all non-ordnance weapons plus turret (ordnance or not). So you can absolutely fire a hull-mounted lascannon and two sponson-mounted heavy bolters (all three of which are non-ordnance, non-turret weapons) plus a turret weapon (even if it is ordnance).

Brother-Captain

Thanks. I've been doing it that way. And then the other night a few rules q's came up and I thought I'd reread the vehcicle section and I had a momentary thought of panic!