BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mechanicus??

Veteran-Sergeant

Because I don't play Gothic or even with the larger models (titans) I have very little exposure to that specific faction. I always thought that the Mech armies always marched alongside the giant war engines?
    At least from the few scraps I've picked up in the odd codex and from reading many of the BL books, that's just how I thought the Mechs rolled?

So I gotta ask how expensive it would be to collect these old models and convert some new ones into a Mechanicus army? Coz I'm kinda curious now, and I doubt adding some techmarines to my army really counts lol

A crude representation of the only Angel who ever broke through my impenetrable fortress walls...

This thread makes me want to finish my Knight Titans... And I've got plans to do more robots and Space Crusade-style dreadnoughts... Maybe next year.

I also have a big box of vintage techpriests I've collected from ebay that need to be painted... So many plans, such little time!
    http://miteyheroes.blogspot.com/ - My 40k Blog: Adeptus Mechanicus, Imperial Guard Grots, Conversions, Battle Reports and more.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by dark messenger View Post
    Because I don't play Gothic or even with the larger models (titans) I have very little exposure to that specific faction. I always thought that the Mech armies always marched alongside the giant war engines?
    At least from the few scraps I've picked up in the odd codex and from reading many of the BL books, that's just how I thought the Mechs rolled?
    There are two common scenarios for Titan deployment:

1st is where the AdMech send some Titans to aid an Imperial war effort (Vraks for instance). The Titans will often be rolling solo, relying on the Imperial forces for protection.

2nd is where the AdMech decide to wreck face themselves, when they will have hordes of Skitarii along with them (as shown in Titanicus).

Of course some of the attatched deployments will also have Skitarii present (Priests of Mars), but sometimes the Titans do march alone (though the Titan Legions do maintain their own ground forces independent of their Forge Worlds armies).

The Legio Cybernetica has almost zero background, but operates in basically the same way but on a smaller scale.

So I gotta ask how expensive it would be to collect these old models and convert some new ones into a Mechanicus army? Coz I'm kinda curious now, and I doubt adding some techmarines to my army really counts lol
    Not overly - biggest hurdle will simply be finding some of them. I'm missing a couple of robots for my collection as they're quite rare, but have only paid around 10-20 dollars for the couple I've ebayed. The older techpriests will potentially be more pricey as they have more demand due to being usable in modern games without proxying.

Daemon-Prince

Hmmmm i would order the forgeworld titan tech priests they are as Mechanicus looking as you can get! (And have awesome little pokey parts)
    Potential war gameing Jawa.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by dark messenger View Post
    Because I don't play Gothic...
    You really should. It's a great game, and the Mechanicus is a fully developed (sub)faction. You should give it a shot...
    ElectricPaladin Paints: http://tiny-plastic-dead.tumblr.com/
    ElectricPaladin Writes: burningzeppelinexperience.blogspot.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12