BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Battle-Brother

Default Breaking News! Rick Priestley's new science fiction game!

It looks like Rick Priestley's been busy since leaving GW. Details are just coming out about his new science fiction game - Beyond the Gates of Antares and his new company Dark Space Corps.

It's going to start with a Kickstarter in the new year and supporters will be involved in the development of the new universe.

Take a look at [url]http://www.darkspacecorp.com/[/url]

And there's an article on my blog too: - [url]http://toyznthehood.com/388/beyond-the-gates-of-antares/[/url]

It looks like 2013 is going to be an exciting year!
    Shameless Plug - Check out my blog at www.toyznthehood.com

Chapter-Master

Be more excited on Jan 1 when we have a better sense of what some of the models will look like.

www.queencityguard.com

Well the models are being sculpted by Kev White (Hasslefree) and Bob Naismithc (designed the first Space Marines), so they ought to be good. Going to keep an eye on this with interest.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

Are we looking at skirmish level like necromunda or 2nd edition?
    Or mass sweeping battles?

The real time element giving in game rewards and weapons and tech seems a potentially system breaking idea...

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Psychosplodge View Post
    The real time element giving in game rewards and weapons and tech seems a potentially system breaking idea...
    Yeah... really not feeling that concept, or crowdsourcing the background as it won't be cohesive. But given Priestly did make 40k that's probably not a high priority
    But the idea of "tell us what army is crushing everyone and we'll give them more stuff" just sounds like an immediately bad one. Of course it could be used to rectify weak armies by them pulling out new weapons to counter their defeat.

the models are being sculpted by Kev White (Hasslefree) and Bob Naismith (designed the first Space Marines), so they ought to be hunched over potato head men or very curvy women

Still looking forward to seeing the minis, though I seriously doubt I'll back the kickstarter from the game and universe (or lack of) pitch as stands.

Librarian

Ha. love it, He brought back the stone men and golden men from a back story of how the emperor came to be from earth to a galaxy of 40k.
    Perry

[url]http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2037958218/beyond-the-gates-of-antares[/url]

Kickstarter is up. £300k starter goal which is ambitious to say the least. However free shipping for the UK and US and only £2 for postage elsewhere is very reasonable, and the main pledge levels are only £65 and £125.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Battle-Brother

I've got the latest press release here: -

Beyond the Gates of Antares Kickstarter is Live!
    Ever wanted to help design and create a new science fiction wargame universe with Rick Priestley? Well now you can.

We’ve had a fantastic response to the Kickstarter going live at the stroke of midnight on new years eve and the limited offer pledge reward tiers are going quickly!

Beyond the Gates of Antares is a brand new science fiction wargame universe from Rick Priestley - the creator of the Warhammer 40,000 game universe - and YOU!

We’re creating an entirely original setting for a new and original game – a new idea for new times.

GoA is a game that takes science-fiction wargaming forward, with a fresh and unsettling vision of a future where mankind has spread amongst the stars… and changed. Changed into a species so much more than human… and so much less!

Unlike some of the other Kickstarter projects that have done most of the work before hand, we’re on Kickstarter so that we can see if you are interested in not only backing us to fund the project but also if you’re interested in helping us develop the game rules, artwork, miniature range, tactical abilities, scenery, vehicles and everything else. We already know much of the initial design and we want to work with a unique set of enthusiasts with the vision to fund it and help us make it the best wargame experience that exists

Simply put: we NEED you!

Game Features

· Fluid Combat Status – units act and react according to their combat status.

· Real-time Dynamic Gaming Universe – build and benefit from the evolution of the game background as you play.

· Backer Development Program – backers can participate in the development and creation of the game rules, universe and campaigns.

· Decimal Mechanics - based on D10 and D100′s allowing the same stats to be used for battle games, skirmishes and role-playing games as we expand the scope of our game for years to come.

Want to know more?
    Head over to our website for more detail on the universe, the current known species list, faction information and technology of the universe. We’ll be releasing more information during our Kickstarter campaign, so why don’t you Get Involved by joining our forums and becoming one of the Honoured Founders of the Antarean gaming universe.

Help us create the world’s first Real Time Dynamic Gaming Universe – with a constantly evolving back-story driven by real player participation and featuring the most successful players as actual world characters

Kickstarter Exclusive Miniature – Hansa Nairobi is only available if you back the project on Kickstarter.
    Shameless Plug - Check out my blog at www.toyznthehood.com

I thought I'd come over and give you some more teasers and information about Gates of Antares. As has been noted, the Kickstarter has gone live and is ticking over well, with the first in a series of video Q&A sessions with Rick due to be posted later this week covering a series of questions raised by members of the GoA community on the forums: [url]http://www.darkspacecorp.com/forum[/url].

The Kickstarter and website include a number of pieces of concept art that show the beginning of Rick's vision for the GoA universe. Kev White has started to sculpt the Kickstarter exclusive miniature, Hansa. Future Kickstarter updates will show progress throughout the entire sculpting process.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychosplodge View Post
    Are we looking at skirmish level like necromunda or 2nd edition?
    Or mass sweeping battles?

The game is based on a d10/d100 system allowing for scalability. Rick has said basically anywhere from RPG to skirmish(main focus) to multiple company combat built in.

And the game rewards may sound game breaking, but head over to the GoA forums, Rick has posted some fascinating stuff on game design and what has to be done to control the game.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast