BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    First-Captain

I haven't watched many of the new videos, but I'm still on the "I'll wait" portion of the fence. Rick looks like he has an idea of what he wants to do...but every other successful kick starter has more done up front. There are no finished minis products shown, no concrete rules available to play test.

Frankly, Alessio's Wild West Exodus kick starter is looking much more viable, if a different genre.

That, and "Beyond the Gates of Antares" is a horrible title. Not catchy at all.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by scadugenga View Post
    Alessio's Wild West Exodus kick starter is looking much more viable, if a different genre.
    Wow, thanks for pointing that one out (seem to of missed it) looks great, and plastic too..
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Banned

Looks like this one is done - they've lost over a thousand pounds in the last two days so I don't think there's much chance of a last minute save, especially with THON launching soon.

Chapter-Master

It looked more promising as the announcements rolled in, but personally it's the real time stuff that put me off.

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Banned

Last edited by Gotthammer; 02-13-2013 at 11:35 AM. Reason: double

Banned

[URL="https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2037958218/beyond-the-gates-of-antares/posts/405014"]It's dead, Jim[/URL].

After much consideration we have decided to withdraw our project from Kickstarter.

We’d like to thank you all for believing in us and backing us, GoA will still become a reality but through different means.

We will take the next month to reassess our plans, during this time you will still see us on the forums and we will continue to post updates to our website. Once we have a plan set we will let you all know what it is so that we can continue to build GoA together.

There are a lot of positives to take from this journey and we certainly don’t think of this as a failure, more a change in plans with actual direct feedback from the market, which should help us greatly in the future. One of the best things we’ve done is you guys. We managed to develop a thriving community in a very short time, which is bursting with ideas and support for the project and for that we thank you and we will continue to want and need your help in the future.

There are too many people to thank, but we’d like to take the opportunity to give special thanks to these guys (in no order!): Melcavuk, Krazus, Prototheca, Endtransmission, Karl Pedder, Gylan Hunter, Michael Musson, John Wigley, Des Hanley, Karol Rudyk, Bruno Lavallee, Angelika Rasmus, Andy Gibson (brandnewbadidea), Golem Painting Studios, James Sherriff, Tim Prow, Kev White, Wojtek Fils, Bob Naismith, Andrew Chesney, Paul Sawyer

We’ll talk to you all very soon

Thank you!

Rick, Rik, John and Co

Not surprising, as I said it seems a bit 'vague', no clear direction, wants to be able to do everything and ultimately mechanics seem similar to infinity with reactions and the like

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123