BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Doesn't look as smooth as the original, which actually looked aerodynamically capable.
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Librarian

It's strange I just can't believe that I'm the first person to find this

Quote Originally Posted by Kyban View Post
    I hate the engines on many of the 40k fliers, they look great but most are supposed to operate in space and they all have air intakes...
    While I can't credit GW with this logic for certain, the "air intakes on a space plane" makes some sense- assuming they're ion drives of some form, they're basically a big particle accelerator, using the old "for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction" canard to throw particles out the back *really fast* in order to push the ship forward. Once this system gets into an atmosphere, however, there's the problem of air resistance and stronger gravity which require a much heavier throw-weight to get the same result. Now either you can carry the extra mass to be thrown with you, which is inefficient, or you can suck in some of that same air which is giving you the trouble and throw it instead.
    Thank you for voxing the Church of Khorne, would you like to donate a skull to the Skull Throne today?

Chapter-Master

can someone rehost it? i cant see it on G+

cheers
    visit my blog: www.fuzzbuket.blogspot.com I do cheap commsion work
    And COME TO BOLSCON UK and yell about my font!

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Fizzybubela View Post
    It's strange I just can't believe that I'm the first person to find this
    We have had a few images of it from conventions and studio open days, but I think that is the first printed info I have seen on it.

I deffinitely prefer it to the old lightning, which I quite dislike (despite wanting one for reasons I don't want to go into). Feels far more like an Imperial Aircraft rather than just generic Sci-fi sudo space plane.
    Always thinking 2 projects ahead of anything I've yet to finish
    http://instinctuimperator.blogspot.co.uk/

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by SotonShades View Post
    We have had a few images of it from conventions and studio open days, but I think that is the first printed info I have seen on it.

I deffinitely prefer it to the old lightning, which I quite dislike (despite wanting one for reasons I don't want to go into). Feels far more like an Imperial Aircraft rather than just generic Sci-fi sudo space plane.
    How mysterious Soton, do spill - hang on, you are trading it for sexual favours...?

Veteran-Sergeant

Very sharp I think, I particularly like the rear of the plane its very different but not crazy retarded.
    =][= "Innocence proves Nothing."

Quote Originally Posted by Kyban View Post
    I hate the engines on many of the 40k fliers, they look great but most are supposed to operate in space and they all have air intakes...
    Having an air intake does mean it cannot operate in space, you just close it off. Not having an air intake however makes it a lot trickier to operate in atmosphere.

Glad to see it will be out shortly, been waiting for this.

Librarian

I think this will probably be released this friday or next week because it says Winter 2012 Releases

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by MajorWesJanson View Post
    Having an air intake does mean it cannot operate in space, you just close it off. Not having an air intake however makes it a lot trickier to operate in atmosphere.

Glad to see it will be out shortly, been waiting for this.
    Wy would you need to close the intake, there would be nothing in space that would get into the intake to interfere with the engines.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast