BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Tanith First & Only allies, WIP

Hey guys! This is a short log showing the Tanith First and Only allies detachment I've been working on. It features an HQ squad with plasma guns, demolitions veteran squad, and forward sentries veteran squad, all kitted out with stealth via camo cloaks. I kit bashed them with Catachan and Cadian IG bits, along with some Space Wolf heads. C&C welcome!

HQ squad featuring Corbec, Rawne, his adjutant Feygor, and others. Need basing

WIP shot of forward sentry veterans, featuring trooper Larkin.

More squad members. Green stuff cloaks incoming.

Forward sentry vets w/ rocket launcher getting into position.

Completed vet squad, including 'Try again' Bragg as Gunny Sgt Harker. Also featuring Varl, Shoggy Domor, and Beltayn.

Mkvenner, scout sgt. Mkoll, and Caffran.

Vervunhivers Criid, Brostin, and Gol Kolea

Rear shot of everyone with camo cloaks.

Chaplain

Nice work. BA83

Chapter-Master

Some great kit-bashes in there. It'd be awesome if you could get some tattoos on the skin (though I appreciate that is less than easy to do well!) It's also a bit of a shame you haven't got stocks on the lasguns as it'd be really cool to have the nalwood reference in there.

Aside from the odd rogue fingerprint, those camo cloaks look really great. I really like the idea of this project, and can't wait to see how you get on with Guant himself (if you plan on doing him!)
    Always thinking 2 projects ahead of anything I've yet to finish
    http://instinctuimperator.blogspot.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by SotonShades View Post
    Some great kit-bashes in there. It'd be awesome if you could get some tattoos on the skin (though I appreciate that is less than easy to do well!) It's also a bit of a shame you haven't got stocks on the lasguns as it'd be really cool to have the nalwood reference in there.

Aside from the odd rogue fingerprint, those camo cloaks look really great. I really like the idea of this project, and can't wait to see how you get on with Guant himself (if you plan on doing him!)
    Actually most of the original Tanith characters DO have blue tatoos. (Rawne has a blue star over his right eye, most others are more inconspicous spircals around their brows and cheeks.

Thanks for the feedback about nalwood stocks. I was planning on paining Larkin's long las to appear wooden. I tried it on some of the other cadian guns and it looked kinda crappy. It really clashed with the scheme, at least in the way I went about it. I may try some new methods on Larkin's and see about applying it to to others.

I also took off the stocks of a lot of them intentionally because I like the SMG, compact look that these have.

Thanks again, Shades!