BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Veteran-Sergeant

Default Native American Warhammer Wood Elves

Here's my first test model at making Native American themed Wood Elves.

I recently found out that one side of my family has a significant amount of Native American heritage so I've been reading up on the Ojibwa culture and I've been inspired to paint my WEs with some tribal-style elements. I know all of the WE symbols may not fit perfectly with the theme, but it is a game of fantasy!

I think I'm going to add some more feathers from the High Elf archers and perhaps shade up some more on the buckskin. This is just my proof of concept model and I like the results with the two shades of leather and red and teal accent colors.

Let me know what you think!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4158.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	80.2 KB 
ID:	3401  
    "Technically correct is the best kind of correct."
    WHFB: Dwarf - TK - Empire - Goblin 40k: SW - IG - Ork

Hah!! Incredible! I found out a number of years ago, that my dad was also part Ojibwa. He came over from Canada, met my mother here and they eventually got married. We're not sure if he was 1/2 Ojibwa or 1/4 but hey, the bloods still in me however diluted!!

As to the theme---go for it, no one else has done it have they?
    Last edited by Nemesis; 12-19-2012 at 02:34 PM. Reason: Duff spelling!!

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
    Hah!! Incredible! I found out a number of years ago, that my dad was also part Ojibwa. He came over from Canada, met my mother here and they eventually got married. We're not sure if he was 1/2 Ojibwa or 1/4 but hey, the bloods still in me however diluted!!

As to the theme---go for it, no one else has done it have they?
    Yeah, I'm originally from Minnesota and there are quite a few Ojibwa family of tribes up north.

I have seen any Native American Warhammer models. There is the Ratskins from Necromunda and the one guy from the Last Chancers that have a NA look though.
    "Technically correct is the best kind of correct."
    WHFB: Dwarf - TK - Empire - Goblin 40k: SW - IG - Ork