BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Planetary Empires

Does anyone have any rumors/confirmations about the associated campaign rules? Thus far, the majority of the rumors regarding the upcoming Planetary Empires release have revolved around the tiles. In many places I can see where it will run similar to the mighty empires rules, but things like Shield Generators let a lot of room for speculation. Substantiated rumors would be preferred, but wild guesses are also appreciated.

Scout

If you win a game, you don't win the tile... you have to rol a 3+ to capture it. If you have adjoining tiles with special buildings, such as a shield generator it adds a modifier to the roll. Being next to a river tile adds a +2 modifier to the roll I believe to represent the added defences a permanent defendable terrain on your side makes it harder to capture said tile.

Not that I'm a sales man for White Dwarf, but this upcoming issue has a whole item on it and is worth a read.

I let my WD subscription drop off quite some time back. Thanks.

Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by The Broasted View Post
    Does anyone have any rumors/confirmations about the associated campaign rules? Thus far, the majority of the rumors regarding the upcoming Planetary Empires release have revolved around the tiles. In many places I can see where it will run similar to the mighty empires rules, but things like Shield Generators let a lot of room for speculation. Substantiated rumors would be preferred, but wild guesses are also appreciated.
    I think [URL="http://www.warseer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3806381&postcount=321"]this[/URL] is the most comprehensive information we have on PE thus far.
    Last edited by Azzy; 07-31-2009 at 05:14 PM.

Scout

If you're interested in GW's rules then definitely check out the newest White Dwarf because it basically covers everything that will appear in the 4 or so pages of the rule book. Aside from that, it's free game. Go crazy and make up some fun rules of your own.

Chapter-Master

Not familiar with the fantasy version, could someone confirm if these tiles can be customised at all ? i.e. if I want to add my own bitz/terrain, cities ect to it ? or are the cities/tiles one piece ?

Veteran-Sergeant

Again, the new WD has a lot of this in

For instance, someone made a warp gate out of the end of an eldar gun, several hive cities have been modified (though the tiles are one piece)

All the standard tiles have a hole in them for positioning of the various bitz and flags, and any other bitz you wish to add etc.

But I would recommend taking a look at the new WD, it's got some interesting things about planetary empires in
    +++The Imperator Contego Indomitable Fortress+++
    +++The 23rd Joint Assault Group+++

Quote Originally Posted by Asymmetrical Xeno View Post
    Not familiar with the fantasy version, could someone confirm if these tiles can be customised at all ? i.e. if I want to add my own bitz/terrain, cities ect to it ? or are the cities/tiles one piece ?
    Each tile is molded as a single piece. However, they are fairly easy to add to, and buildings/cities are easily changed and can even be scratch built if you have the wherewithal to do so. All you need to attach a custom bit to the landscape is an appropriately sized peg on the base.

So how successful was the fantasy counterpart? I am thinking of trying to acquire this for my little gaming club but I don't wanna sink my cash into something that isn't going to be well received. Can any fantasy players out there give me an idea of how well that one worked out?

I got it the day it came out and my buddies and i have started about the business of making a map of vraks. and the suggested rules seem to run pretty smooth

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast