BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Brother-Captain

Default New from ForgeWorld: Cerberus Tank Destroyer + Deathshroud Terminators!

Just announced on the FW site are these guys!

Cerberus Heavy Tank Destroyer £95

An experimental variant tank, the Mechanicum used the Spartan’s internal capacity to mount a prototype Neutron Laser Projector and the sizeable atomantic arc-reactors and rad-shielding needed to operate this devastating weapon. The Neutron Laser Projector had been retro-engineered from Dark Age technology recovered at great cost by Mechanicum Explorators, and some controversy was evident over both its provenance and safety for wider dissemination.

Despite this, the Lords of Mars ruled that the new tank, codified the Cerberus Heavy Tank Destroyer, should be delivered into the service of the Legiones Astartes for battlefield testing. The Neutron Laser, they believed, offered a more compact alternative to the great Turbo-Lasers used by Titans and the mighty Shadowsword, with a greater potential for collateral damage. It would not be long, however, before the Cerberus was called upon to turn its destructive capacity against the Imperium’s own...

Designed by Phil Stutcinskas, the Cerberus Heavy Tank Destroyer is a finely-detailed, multi-part resin kit. Rules for fielding this potent war machine alongside a Space Marine Legion force can be found in The Horus Heresy Book One: Betrayal. Available to pre-order now for despatch from the 25th of January.
    Deathshroud Terminators £45

An elite cadre of warriors within the XIV Legion Astartes, the Deathshrouds were chosen by the Primarch Mortarion for their skill at arms, their fearlessness and their proven endurance. They were often selected from Death Guard legionaries who had survived where their comrades had fallen, each clad in bronze-chased Terminator plate, and armed with a power scythe and the alchem-munitions for which the Death Guard Legion were so darkly famed.

They formed a silent bodyguard for Mortarion and his senior commanders, and in peace or war alike it was said that at least two of their number remained within forty-nine paces of their Primarch at any time. The Deathshroud Terminators, designed by Will Hayes, contains five finely-detailed multi-part resin models, and the kit is available to pre-order now for despatch from the 25th January. Rules for using squads of these models in a Death Guard Legion force can be found in The Horus Heresy Book One: Betrayal. Available to pre-order now for despatch from the 25th of January.
    I am loving the look of that tank, what a brute!
    Either there is life in the universe more intelligent than us, or we are the most intelligent form of life in the universe. Either way, it's a worrying thought!

Chapter-Master

godammit fw you finally get some decent painters just so i can be jelly and really hacked off at my lack of 40k funds :/

sadly i think the tanks 3rd laser cannon needs to be brought into line with the other 2, so it would look like a laser cannon gatling cannon.

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    visit my blog: www.fuzzbuket.blogspot.com I do cheap commsion work
    And COME TO BOLSCON UK and yell about my font!

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzbuket View Post
    godammit fw you finally get some decent painters just so i can be jelly and really hacked off at my lack of 40k funds :/

sadly i think the tanks 3rd laser cannon needs to be brought into line with the other 2, so it would look like a laser cannon gatling cannon.

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    No sorry, that would just be too much ****ing awesome.
    "But I tell you, we were gods once, and we shall be gods again". - In defense of the future: a Logical Discourse.

Librarian

I need a Cerberus! And those Deathshrouds to convert to my Iron Warriors! Hell yeaaaaaaaaaaaah! Speaking of Forge World releases I wonder when the Vindicator will be released?
    Last edited by Fizzybubela; 01-04-2013 at 11:13 AM.
    "Let them come. We shall smite them down where they stand" Warsmith Vorax of the 15th Grand Battalion.

Quote Originally Posted by Fizzybubela View Post
    I need a Cerberus! And those Deathshrouds to convert to my Iron Warriors! Hell yeaaaaaaaaaaaah! Speaking of Forge World releases I wonder when the Vindicator will be released?
    Forget iron warriors they'd make great secutors.
    "But I tell you, we were gods once, and we shall be gods again". - In defense of the future: a Logical Discourse.

Chapter-Master

I still can't get myself to actually like the 2nd edition style land raider chassis.

Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post
    I still can't get myself to actually like the 2nd edition style land raider chassis.
    It isn't using the 2nd edition chassis.
    I have a blog, check it out :P - http://forthegloryofgorkandmork.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/tau-xv8-02-commander.html - just updated my blog 11/04/13

Occuli Imperator

I don't like the tracks
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

First-Captain

I get what you mean, for a tank which is vulnerable enough to need special internal shielding or it will explode, it's tracks are really vulnerable.

Off Topic, nice avatar
    For the Greater good.