BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

While I doubt they get all those buffs (there's probably a catch) and they're probably obscenely expensive, I do have to question why the Dark Angels seem to have more elite units with WS5/BS5/W2 than the Grey Knights. For all the Ward-hate, GKs have always explicitly been the best of the best most elite Marines in all the Imperium. And apparently every other SM Chapter is a bunch of lazy couch potatoes.

And, yeah, the landspeeders are terrible. They could have been pretty good, but no. They're terrible. I would convert from a normal Land Speeder, stick some plasticard and extra guns on it.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by GregMulka View Post
    The Deathwing wear bone armor to honor the squad that landed on a recruiting world overrun by nids. Planetary tradition said the would paint themselves with ash and go forth to die. They didn't.
    Did anyone else notice the spikey on the cover art? Playing up the might be chaosy?
    oh i know 'the tale of two heads talking', was just summing up why the DW paint their suits.

all of the DA stories are all lies to hint at the lions betrayal of the emperor and his deliberate holding back to see who wins, check out the HH books The primarchs 'the Lion' and the nightlords one 'Prince of crows' the lion was not as loyal as people like to make him out to be. the tale of two heads talking could well be about the duality of caliban being home and ultimatly destroyed by the chaos it held for millenia.

the fight with luther could well be a fiction with leanings to the duel between the emperor and horus. but this is not the tijme or the place for this one

an entire codex donated to a few special characters.. that could have easily been put into the main marines book.

/falls over laughing.

And that land speeder..

/falls over laughing again.

That aquilla or whatever it is...

/falls over laughing a third time.
    Last edited by Uncle Nutsy; 12-20-2012 at 11:10 PM.

I actually happen to like all the new models.(anyone else?) Though Belial looks pretty plain, and my custom Belial with TH/SS looks much better. Probably won't get either of the new Belial or Asmodai models.
    Definitely getting the new Codex, Deathwing, and Ravenwing Knights, the flyers, and will look at the rules for the Landspeeders to see if they are worth it.

I am happy to see someone other than Mat Ward doing codexs' nowadays.
    We shouldn't be as popular as armies like Grey Knights/Blood Angels since it wont be a Ward codex, and most of you seem to hate the models. That was my fear if Mat Ward wrote this codex, he would cheese our beloved Dark Angels. And everyone and their mother would play them....

Looking forward to our new codex!

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Kuraba View Post
    I actually happen to like all the new models.(anyone else?) Though Belial looks pretty plain, and my custom Belial with TH/SS looks much better. Probably won't get either of the new Belial or Asmodai models.
    Definitely getting the new Codex, Deathwing, and Ravenwing Knights, the flyers, and will look at the rules for the Landspeeders to see if they are worth it.

I am happy to see someone other than Mat Ward doing codexs' nowadays.
    We shouldn't be as popular as armies like Grey Knights/Blood Angels since it wont be a Ward codex, and most of you seem to hate the models. That was my fear if Mat Ward wrote this codex, he would cheese our beloved Dark Angels. And everyone and their mother would play them....

Looking forward to our new codex!
    Seriously.

Get over the Matt Wardism.

I don't always like the paint job that GW gives a model, so I try not to judge initial pics too harshly. Can't wait for preorder!

My wolves will have the most awkward allies ever!
    Calm down. This is supposed to be FUN.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuraba View Post
    You mean like Imperial Guard and Space Wolves?

Librarian

You know, for the apparent masses of space wolf players that are out there, I really don't see that many on the table. Possibly this is because I don't attend many tournies, but still, I see 2 regularly, and know of 1 other player.

But that's getting off topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Cpt Codpiece View Post
    oh i know 'the tale of two heads talking', was just summing up why the DW paint their suits.

all of the DA stories are all lies to hint at the lions betrayal of the emperor and his deliberate holding back to see who wins, check out the HH books The primarchs 'the Lion' and the nightlords one 'Prince of crows' the lion was not as loyal as people like to make him out to be. the tale of two heads talking could well be about the duality of caliban being home and ultimatly destroyed by the chaos it held for millenia.

the fight with luther could well be a fiction with leanings to the duel between the emperor and horus. but this is not the tijme or the place for this one
    Just had to drop in and say if you've read all the HH books featuring the DA's then you know that the Lion was fighting traitors in the Gehinnom system to secure the siege engines that Horus would need to assault the Imperial palace. True to his nature he struck as rapidly as possible leaving a majority of his troops behind. His mistake was believing the Perturbo was a loyal primarch, handing the engines over to him to fight against Horus.

This is why he was late to the party. It's also why Astelan believes that the Lion turned, he was not told the full scope of the Lion's plans and Luther was obviously Choas corrupted.

The only thing in doubt is whether Cypher is loyal or not, appointed by the Lion to watch over the Chaos infestation on Caliban but did he flip at the end.

Veteran-Sergeant

one more da hatter poking fun and thinking he is original
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Nutsy View Post
    an entire codex donated to a few special characters.. that could have easily been put into the main marines book.

/falls over laughing.

And that land speeder..

/falls over laughing again.

That aquilla or whatever it is...

/falls over laughing a third time.
    /falls over laughing

but in all seriousness there are a few other pics of the land speeder one with twin-linked plasma cannons instead of the chapel thing that looks relay cool it kinda has the car at the end of animal house look to it. i agree that the belial looks bad i just hope that the new rules keep him with customizable lode out i would hate to have to demote my cool one with th/ss to a sgt. and with a slightly diff paint job the flyer would look a bit better and from what i read everyone's issue with it is that it looks like a storm talon well they are both space marine vics that do about the same thing so of course they look kinda alike i don't see anyone downing on razor backs and predators b/c they use the rhino body. as far as putting us all in the sm codex they tried something like that back in 3rd ed (i think it was 3rd ed) with the "angels of death" codex and we all remember what a flop that was that was. so i have to believe that you don't relay mean that first part and wish you a very merry X-mass
    Last edited by thelion; 12-25-2012 at 10:49 AM.
    "There's too many men, too many people, Making too many problems,
    And not much love to go round, Can't you see this is a land of confusion?"

Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast