BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    The Land Speeder isn't that bad, fits in with the baroque super-monk aesthetic the Dark Angels have going on. No jetbikes which is a good sign.

The terminators are really lovely.

I think Belial needs to have his gun arm dropped down a bit so it isn't pointing in such an odd direction.
    Belial needs a whole lot more than that. His legs are just so... Undynamic. Not a word I know but it fits. It is just a very staid sort of sculpt.

Oh I don't know, he looks sort of solid and immovable which is nice. The arms are the disappointing elements for me (well, arm).

The flyers are quite nice too, don't really get the 'stormtalon with wings' criticism, most vehicles build on a basic chassis.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

So it takes 2 guys to drive the landspeeder? Not sure what the guy in the back is supposed to be doing. That's really the only thing that kind of irks me about it.

Librarian

I agree about Belial, but I'll just take one of the Deathwing Knights and make a slight conversion!

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by newdigitaltau View Post
    So it takes 2 guys to drive the landspeeder? Not sure what the guy in the back is supposed to be doing. That's really the only thing that kind of irks me about it.
    It is wierd, but there is another version with a twin plasma cannon turret in place of that rear marine and 'icon'.

Librarian

Pardon the Expression... but *SQUEE*

YAY for new DA! Love the Termies, am Meh about the Speeder, flier (Best of the Mehs though!) and Belial...
    The Dark Angels, The Emperor's First, and Finest!
    A moment of Laxity spawns a lifetime of Heresy

Chaplain

Looks like thelion is gonna have alot of new toys next month, can't wait to kill'em all!
    "I have seen what you will see. I have fought what you must fight, and I have slain what you must slay...." Commander Dante

Iron Father

[url]http://natfka.blogspot.co.uk/2012/12/dark-angels-pics-leaked-codex-and-more.html?m=1[/url]

A few more pics here.

Anyone else noticed the distinct lack of "green" dark angels so far ? Really like all the models, including the speeder which I am sure will look so much better in the plastic. £35 for 5 terminators is a bit steep, but these are the breaks. I noticed a bike riding apothecary too, which is neat.
    I hope JV does a good job of the rules, I was kind of jazzed when we thought it would be Ward. With luck he is doing Tau :0
    Either way fantastic sculpts which for me are more important than rules any day of the week.
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Initiate

Ummmmm. I can agree with the derp-speeder. Its an abomination. Sickeningly bad. The termies are lovely and the knights are OMG! I have one true complaint WTF is up with every sculptor making every sword raised up in the DA army. Every one of them are holding their sword in a salute. I hate it. My DA army is very small compared to my Krieg but every powersword is raised high and every chain sword is held high to the sky gods. Yet now Belial looks bad and has his sword raised high.

Chapter-Master

The derp speeder....when i saw the first photos on my phone i hated it.

Now after big PC photos its only slightly ugly. Agree with comments that it looks better with the turrets.

Belial...looks amazing. I see what people mean when they talk of static, but so do most terminator armoured models. Thy're wearign a walking tank, its not suprising they're not doing ballet
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast