BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Oh Here's a good one. CSM

I may be as thick as a whale omlette, but if you chose a , say, Nurgle Lord (as warlord) and Kharn. Does that mean that both Plague Marines AND Khorne Berzerkers are troops, cos (and I've just got the codex) thats sort of how its worded.
    Like I said "Help, lying in gutter, need a hand!
    And you can take mixed units of cultists? Some can have autoguns and some can be armed with pistol and combat weapon? This means yahoo! for my Necromunda gangs.
    Someone agree with me!
    or put me out of my misery.
    Love Peace etc
    BG
    P.S. Merry xmas, strangers of the internet.
    Last edited by Bedroom General; 12-20-2012 at 08:37 AM. Reason: being nice.

Veteran-Sergeant

Reading it myself, I'd say yes and yes. At least that's the way my group plays. And as I tend to chuck all twenty of my DV cultists in one unit.

Quote Originally Posted by Bedroom General View Post
    I may be as thick as a whale omlette, but if you chose a , say, Nurgle Lord (as warlord) and Kharn. Does that mean that both Plague Marines AND Khorne Berzerkers are troops, cos (and I've just got the codex) thats sort of how its worded.
    Yes, since the primary detachment only needs to "include" Kharn or the Nurgle lord.

Quote Originally Posted by Bedroom General View Post
    And you can take mixed units of cultists? Some can have autoguns and some can be armed with pistol and combat weapon? This means yahoo! for my Necromunda gangs.
    Yes, since "any" cultist can swap his autopistol for an autogun.

Battle-Brother

Yep as Nabterayl said if you have the right mark on your lord then you can have cult units from different gods as troops.

There are plently of guys (maybe a gal or two as well) out there playing with their older edition armies - Plague Marines as objective holders in your half and the Berzerkers out there bullying the enemy off the others.

Thanks everyone, I've also just noticed that Plague Marines get their champion for free! Sweet, as I am a firm Nurgle devotee. Liking the looks of this codex so far.

Chaplain

I love the chaos codex it fun (black mace is amazing) there are a few things that look wrong or I am just reading it wrong but I have noticed something that is kinda funny because they gave models for it in the release of Dark Vengeance and if you look at the hand out from Dark Vengeance it says that one of the cultist leaders has 2 CC weapons (and he is modeled that way) but when you look at the 6th edition of Chaos marines your cultist leader can not have 2 CC weapons. I find that a little funny. just tossing that out in the open
    Read this www.scribd.com/doc/123508033/Warhammer-40-000-6th-Edition-Codex-Adeptus-Aribites Then fill this out www.surveymonkey.com/s/LCFWXNV thanks

Quote Originally Posted by heretic marine
    ...it says that one of the cultist leaders has 2 CC weapons (and he is modeled that way) but when you look at the 6th edition of Chaos marines your cultist leader can not have 2 CC weapons. I find that a little funny. just tossing that out in the open
    Each Chaos Cultist has a autopistol and a close combat weapon (= 2 ccw's). That 1 model looks like it indeed does not have a autopistol.

Then again... Play it like he does have an autopistol but that he likes to assault with 2 ccw's.

It's maybe a little funny but according to me not a real 'problem/issue' with the model.