BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sisters of Battle

St. Celestine
    10x Sisters of Battle - 1 meltagun, 1 multi-melta
    15x Sisters of Battle - 1 meltagun, 1 multi-melta
    Exorcist

600 pts exactly.

Celestine charges random infantry units and wrecks in close comabat, or ties up HQ until she dies, then she comes back. Blob Sister squad advances, the infantry can re-roll 1s to hit with their shooting attacks if they pass their act of faith. The exorcist spits out D6 S8 AP1 shots at 2+ or vehicles every turn and hangs back on home objective, supported by the Sister squad.

Or drop all the special weapons and lower the 15 girl squad to 10 (lowers the points to 500 even), and add either a 5 girl Dominion squad with 2x flamers or 2x meltaguns for 80 or 90 points, or my preferred unit, 5 girl Retributor squad with 4x heavy bolters (85 points), or 3x multi-meltas (95 points). The retributor squad with bolters would also allow the purchase of a flamer and a meltagun for the 10 girl squads. Or three flamers. Note that the Retributors act of faith gives their weapons Rending. So more high strength, low AP goodness.

Veteran-Sergeant

I would suggest Imperial Guard as they are nice and cheap, you get plenty of guardsmen at 50pts for a basic squad who can take a Chimera with two heavy flamers at 55pts per tank and get stuck into the bosh and with the orders system for the officers, nice cheap battle tanks with large template weapons and a host of special/heavy weapons you can lay down a lot of fire power.

Hmmm. Sisters seem ok. Im beast with my guard but they are all broken.
    "Da warboss sayz "WAAAAAAAAGH!" so we WAAAAAGH!"- an ork boys idea of being told what to do.

Well I fixed my guard and have a few lists but are guard as fun as Orks and other such armies???
    "Da warboss sayz "WAAAAAAAAGH!" so we WAAAAAGH!"- an ork boys idea of being told what to do.

Play some games and find out.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Ok so after mr mystery stating the obvious me and a mate played some games. Guard always one but orks were more fun.

I'd go with necrons. Troops are a little on the expensive side, but you can get some stupid cheap HQ's. Resilient to shooting and can take a beating in CC. Plus, they have some wargear that can really mess up a low point army.

Veteran-Sergeant
    Leicester, United Kingdom, United Kingdom

600pts (Tyranids)

HQ - 80
    Tyranid Prime (80)
    rending claws.

Troops - 520
    The Scuttling Swarm Tervigon (210)
    Catalyst; Onslaught; adrenal glands; toxin sacs.

10 Termagants (50)

10 Termagants (50)

The Scuttling Swarm Tervigon (210)
    Catalyst; Onslaught; adrenal glands; toxin sacs.

Brother-Sergeant

You could also horde up some chaos marines, basic marines may not be the best out there, but if you leave them at 13 points a pop with special weapons and a power weapon you can get a lot of 3+ save bolter slingers out there. And you can get autocannon havoks for pennies on the side. The point about av 14 still stands that way as well. Not to mention dirt cheap lords/sorcerers

I was going to say why has no one mentioned chaos yet. They seem a fun and interesting possiblity...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast