BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Exclamation Synapse & Force Weapons

ok so heres my dilema.

pg 50 of the rulebook states that if u pass a test after you wound the creature it suffers instant death due to the power.

BUT...

pg 28 of the tyranid codes states that " tyranids within range of synapse are immune to the effects of instant death caused by weapons with a strength double the creature's toughness."

The thing is that the force weapon is NOT inflicting instant death due to double the toughness rather its inflicting instant death due to a power. Wouldnt this mean that force weapons MAY instant kill synapse creatures. Thoughts?

jkh

(ps. hi im new to the board but have been a long time lurker haha)

Behold, the [url=http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m1180140_Tyranids_FAQ_2006-08_5th_Edition.pdf]errata[/url], which solve your problems.

AHHH thank you.
    Not what i like to read but oh well that is the game haha. Any recomendations on taking out big a** nastys? Im playin a game against 2 flyrants and 2 carnifexs....

jkh

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by jkh View Post
    AHHH thank you.
    Not what i like to read but oh well that is the game haha. Any recomendations on taking out big a** nastys? Im playin a game against 2 flyrants and 2 carnifexs....

jkh
    Good job Grey Knight/Deamon Hunter force weapons still can 'remove them from the game' in one hit

AHHH thank you.

jkh
    Well, who you are playing as?

moved to army lists

Abbess Sanctorum

Use the C:WH or CH force weapons then. They aren't effected by Eternal Warrior.
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

Chaplain

AHHH thank you.

jkh
    Lascannons.

Multimeltas work too, but you have to be closer, so things can get iffy if the bug doesn't go squish...

Brother-Sergeant

Tyranids may only field one Flying Hive Tyrant in a normal game. Its in their codex.

APoc obviously changes that though.
    "If you build a man a fire he will be warm for a night, but if you set a man on fire he will be warm for the rest of his life."

plasmaguns.

you get 2 shots per weapon.
    you wound most of them on 3+, some carnifexi on 4+
    you negate armor (flyrant mgiht have a 6+ invul but lol).

4 plasmaguns from marines or 6 from guard should drop a 4 wound one easily.
    shoot from inside rhinos/chimeara to have an additional protectiona gainst cc if you fail. 2nd chance then