BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Librarian

Default Problem wit my Gehennas Gold paint

It may seem like a silly thing to ask but my Gehennas gold paint is a liquidy red colour and when I shake it it makes it worse. Any suggestions?
    "Let them come. We shall smite them down where they stand" Warsmith Vorax of the 15th Grand Battalion.

Librarian

vallejo liquid gold

but seriously i have not tried GW new metallics yet, but it sounds like you may have a bad one if its not going gold, and staying the carrier colour

Librarian

I think I might have to get the gold base colour.
    "Let them come. We shall smite them down where they stand" Warsmith Vorax of the 15th Grand Battalion.

Librarian

Never mind. My problem is sorted. I just had to shake it a bit more than what I previously did. Thanks for the help.

Veteran-Sergeant

I was going to suggest stirring it with a tooth pick. I always do that when I get brand new paint.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by vharing View Post
    I was going to suggest stirring it with a tooth pick. I always do that when I get brand new paint.
    Thanks. I think I will stir it with a tooth pick from now on.

I can highly recommend putting ball bearings in your paint pots, they help to breakup/mix the paint better when you shake them. Make sure you get stainless steel, otherwise they rust. I get mine from eBay, 100 6mm ball bearings for bikes/slingshots costing £2.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Micky Sims View Post
    I can highly recommend putting ball bearings in your paint pots, they help to breakup/mix the paint better when you shake them. Make sure you get stainless steel, otherwise they rust. I get mine from eBay, 100 6mm ball bearings for bikes/slingshots costing £2.
    Thanks for the advice.

Alternatively, you could also invest in a Badger paint mixer. Not expensive, (I got one for £4.99) and battery operated. Well worth the investment. It mixes extremely well. The only paint that defeated it was a bottle of Vallejo's Carmine Red which has formed an impenetrable mass in the bottom of the pot since I got it.
    I've used it on acrylics, enamels and lacquers with equal effect.