BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default FW horus heresy: betrayal units rumors

I posted this in the project logs in response to some discussion there, but I'll just drop this here as well:

Still to come from Betrayal:

Primarchs:
    Horus
    Fulgrim
    Mortarion

Legion specific characters, aka Abaddon, Garviel, Crysos, etc... At last count I believe there are 8 or 9 in the works...
    Legion specific units, aka DeathShroud, ravages, etc. I believe there are still 3 to be released
    Legion badged contemptors for Sons of Horus and Emporer's Children

Mecanicum HQ
    Mecanicum units, I believe there are 2 to be released

Heresy era Vindicator
    Heresy era land speeders
    Mk ii/iii special weapons kit
    Rotor cannon kit (there are iirc 4 or 5 kits due that contain 5 weapons and an augury)
    Destroyer squad upgrade kit
    Rapier platform kits, there are iirc 2 more rapier platform kits coming

Praetor kit in tartaros armor
    Centurion kits ( there are 2 more 2 packs I'm aware of, but I believe there may be more coming. I think the moritat and Forgelord are up soon, next in line for the centurion releases that is, not next as in tomorrow). And I think vigilant and chaplain are the other set.

For tomorrow, I'm expecting the mk II special weapons kit similar to last weeks mk Iv set. This has some identical bits, mk ii assault arms, the older style hand flamers with the funnel barrels and a load of other weapons and bits.

And I believe it's tomorrow the death shroud are up for pre-order.

Next week I am expecting something big...

And another Primarch is supposed to be unveiled in Jan...

Cheers
    Last edited by StarWarsDoug; 12-27-2012 at 11:46 PM.

Cool, definitely looking forward to another primarch. I'd like to see Fulgrim, but I'm sure most of my fellow 40Kers want Mortarion.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Stickmonkey View Post
    I posted this in the project logs in response to some discussion there, but I'll just drop this here as well:

Still to come from Betrayal:

Primarchs:
    Horus
    Fulgrim
    Mortarion

Legion specific characters, aka Abaddon, Garviel, Crysos, etc... At last count I believe there are 8 or 9 in the works...
    Legion specific units, aka DeathShroud, ravages, etc. I believe there are still 3 to be released
    Legion badged contemptors for Sons of Horus and Emporer's Children

Mecanicum HQ
    Mecanicum units, I believe there are 2 to be released

Heresy era Vindicator
    Heresy era land speeders
    Mk ii/iii special weapons kit
    Rotor cannon kit (there are iirc 4 or 5 kits due that contain 5 weapons and an augury)
    Destroyer squad upgrade kit
    Rapier platform kits, there are iirc 2 more rapier platform kits coming

Praetor kit in tartaros armor
    Centurion kits ( there are 2 more 2 packs I'm aware of, but I believe there may be more coming. I think the moritat and Forgelord are up soon, next in line for the centurion releases that is, not next as in tomorrow). And I think vigilant and chaplain are the other set.

For tomorrow, I'm expecting the mk II special weapons kit similar to last weeks mk Iv set. This has some identical bits, mk ii assault arms, the older style hand flamers with the funnel barrels and a load of other weapons and bits.

And I believe it's tomorrow the death shroud are up for pre-order.

Next week I am expecting something big...

And another Primarch is supposed to be unveiled in Jan...

Cheers
    I hope you're right as I was going to convert my one Moritat and Destroyers but now I now that their models are going to be released soon I'm happy that I don't have to convert them.
    "Let them come. We shall smite them down where they stand" Warsmith Vorax of the 15th Grand Battalion.

Librarian

I need more MKIII stuff!!!!
    "Let them come. We shall smite them down where they stand" Warsmith Vorax of the 15th Grand Battalion.

Quote Originally Posted by Fizzybubela View Post
    I hope you're right as I was going to convert my one Moritat and Destroyers but now I now that their models are going to be released soon I'm happy that I don't have to convert them.
    You may want to, still. Just like the champion and MoS, the Moritat is a unique pose with a single loadout. If it's not the wargear you want you'll still need to convert.

The destroyers kit iirc includes left and right hand bolt pistols for 5 models, 3 chainswords, 2 combat blades, assault arms, some grenades and bits, and a missile launcher. It might have a couple alternate wargear pistols as well, but I dont recall seeing those.

Yeah....

Well done for listing all the units and characters that have not been made from the Betrayal book.
    Every one can say that the heavy weapons will be made in sets. Missile Launchers, Multi-meltas, Heavy Flamers, Plasma Cannons and Las cannons. Phobos pattern rhino chassis with all options such as Vindicator? yeah. They might even do shoulder pad upgrade kits for all the remaining legions. You know? The 14 remaining ones? I guess they might do an alternate scout armour kit and call it a Recon Armour Set so you can make Reconnaissance Squads. At a hugely wild guess they might even do a Legion Tartaros Pattern Terminator armour set. Which will not have Aquillas on the Chest like the Deathshroud. They will also produce alternate shoulder pads for that replace the blank one and Crux Terminatus on the existing set of Tartaros armour with Legion symbols. I guess as well that Vigilator, Librarian, Forge Lord, Primus Medicae, Siege Breaker and Moritat models will be in the works to be released over the course of the Horus Heresy Release Schedule. Alternate Bikes might be in the works for Outrider squads. And Attack Bikes. Land Speeders as well as they are the next entry. Destroyer Squads? did I mention them? How about the Specific units for each legion.....

Sorry, my sarcasm switch got stuck on there. Most of your list of upcoming stuff can be guessed at as it is mentioned in Betrayal and Forgeworld have not released these things. Not brilliant deduction when you think about it, just looking at what they have and what has been released so far. You can make a Moritat using any of the Assault Squads. Just give him 2 pistol arms, if you want different weapons use the Character Upgrade Kit. In fact the Mk V assault squad kit has a dual pistol armed marine.

If you list everything they have in the book some of it will be right.

Have you listened to all the comments made by Forgeworld?I beleive it was in the Video of Alan Bligh when Betrayal was announced/released. I could be wrong though.

BUT

They explicitly stated they will NOT make every character. You can make them from existing kits and convert your own.

A Moritat? use 2 pistol arms.
    Loken? Use the character upgrade set.

Anurien, if you want to b*tch at rumourmongers go to Warseer, don't do it here.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Anurien View Post
    Yeah....

Well done for listing all the units and characters that have not been made from the Betrayal book.
    Every one can say that the heavy weapons will be made in sets. Missile Launchers, Multi-meltas, Heavy Flamers, Plasma Cannons and Las cannons. Phobos pattern rhino chassis with all options such as Vindicator? yeah. They might even do shoulder pad upgrade kits for all the remaining legions. You know? The 14 remaining ones? I guess they might do an alternate scout armour kit and call it a Recon Armour Set so you can make Reconnaissance Squads. At a hugely wild guess they might even do a Legion Tartaros Pattern Terminator armour set. Which will not have Aquillas on the Chest like the Deathshroud. They will also produce alternate shoulder pads for that replace the blank one and Crux Terminatus on the existing set of Tartaros armour with Legion symbols. I guess as well that Vigilator, Librarian, Forge Lord, Primus Medicae, Siege Breaker and Moritat models will be in the works to be released over the course of the Horus Heresy Release Schedule. Alternate Bikes might be in the works for Outrider squads. And Attack Bikes. Land Speeders as well as they are the next entry. Destroyer Squads? did I mention them? How about the Specific units for each legion.....

Sorry, my sarcasm switch got stuck on there. Most of your list of upcoming stuff can be guessed at as it is mentioned in Betrayal and Forgeworld have not released these things. Not brilliant deduction when you think about it, just looking at what they have and what has been released so far. You can make a Moritat using any of the Assault Squads. Just give him 2 pistol arms, if you want different weapons use the Character Upgrade Kit. In fact the Mk V assault squad kit has a dual pistol armed marine.

If you list everything they have in the book some of it will be right.

Have you listened to all the comments made by Forgeworld?I beleive it was in the Video of Alan Bligh when Betrayal was announced/released. I could be wrong though.

BUT

They explicitly stated they will NOT make every character. You can make them from existing kits and convert your own.

A Moritat? use 2 pistol arms.
    Loken? Use the character upgrade set.
    And maybe you can stop being a b!tch

Librarian

Anyway there was no Forge World release yesterday which is a bit disappointing.

Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast