BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Space Marines as Chaos Space Marines???

Hey all,
    I am just wondering: As Space Marines became Chaos Space Marines, can ypu use normal SM in a CSM army, and if so is there a specific way to paint them???
    tah to all
    warboss Grotgrim Dakaskab
    WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!
    "Da warboss sayz "WAAAAAAAAGH!" so we WAAAAAGH!"- an ork boys idea of being told what to do.

Brother-Captain

No, the allies chart in the rulebook shows that Space Marines and Chaos Space Marines can never ally. They're bitter enemies who hate and despise each other eternally, so they can't ally.

No, i don't mean ally. I probably should have been more specific. Can you use marine models as CSM marine models, in a GW tourney, as recently corrupted CSM?
    "Da warboss sayz "WAAAAAAAAGH!" so we WAAAAAGH!"- an ork boys idea of being told what to do.

Chapter-Master

as long as the wargear is the same it should be fine. probably taking a knife to the aquillas would be a good idea too
    visit my blog: www.fuzzbuket.blogspot.com I do cheap commsion work
    And COME TO BOLSCON UK and yell about my font!

First thing you will want to do is check with Tournament Organizer. We can give you all the advice we want but it ultimately falls to him/her if it will be allowed. I personally dont see why not if a little effort is put into converting them so it is clear to your opponent they are Chaos SM not imperial SM.

Chapter-Master

besides checking with a Tournament Organizer, check the fluff!

Knights of Blood and Relictors are excommunicated traitorous legions. However, they fight for the imperium!

Relictors even have a librarian that uses a Daemon Weapon.
    To help out, you could use Main Rulebook psyker powers. You could also use squads that do not have mutations. The biggest problem you'll have, though, is the Chaos Boon Table.
    Last edited by Tynskel; 12-30-2012 at 12:09 PM.
    QUOTE Jwolf: "Besides, Tynskel isn't evil, he's just drawn that way. "

All marine bits are interchangable. As a result, of course you can. As has been noted, you'll need to get rid of the Imperial iconography, paint them an appropriate colour, and visibly make it obvious that they're now just baddies they're worse-ies, but otherwise it's fine.

Are you looking to save money by "recycling" Imperial models, or are you doing this as a modelling project? If it's a case of the former, all you really need are a few CSM bits mixed in, and you're pretty much sorted. I'd avoid trying to use something like GK models for Chaos, unless you fancy a really solid modelling project. Likewise any of the other Marine chapters (although Sanguinary Guard would probably make some nice Slaanesh elites, once you filed off all the aquilas...)

Chapter-Master

you don't need to get rid of the imperial iconography if you are using a excommunicated chapter that still fights for the imperium.
    QUOTE Jwolf: "Besides, Tynskel isn't evil, he's just drawn that way. "

Quote Originally Posted by Aegwymourn View Post
    First thing you will want to do is check with Tournament Organizer. We can give you all the advice we want but it ultimately falls to him/her if it will be allowed. I personally dont see why not if a little effort is put into converting them so it is clear to your opponent they are Chaos SM not imperial SM.
    If your TO doesn't allow marines to be used as Chaos, you should probably find a better place to game.
    Borderline alcoholic and happy about it.
    Don't get your religion mixed with my Constitution. The mixture curdles.

Quote Originally Posted by L192837465 View Post
    If your TO doesn't allow marines to be used as Chaos, you should probably find a better place to game.
    Agreed.

There is no reason why you cannot use SM models in a CSM army, as long as they are appropriately equipped

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast