BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I played at Warhammer World against a guy who had a Night Lords painted army who was using the Blood Angels Codex. When the event organiser came over it went a bit like this:
    he saw his force and said "so your Night Lords, Chaos Space Marines?" looks at note pad to mark this off

Opponent: "No, I'm playing Blood Angel codex..."

Organiser: Looks confused "So why are you playing that codex?

Opponent: "Well, because I felt..."

Organiser: *under breath* "It was a better codex"

I giggled. Later on I found out the guy had a really low painting score because they weren't painted Blood Angels but other than that they had no problems with it. I did hear last weekend they pulled a mate of mine up on his flying bases. He'd sprayed one unit's bases white and one unit black to differentiate them but having applied paint they then weren't classed as fully painted so he had to remove them! Seems OTT to me, not a fan of that arbitrary ruling about what constitutes fully painted. you may as well have people getting points knocked off for using the stock green Necron rods or unpainted canopies of Storm Ravens and Vendettas, I digress...

All of my Nightlords are basically imperial models with a different paint job and a few conversions...taken them to 4 tournies (2 GW and 2 independant) no one has mentioned that they are not Chaos models. In fact I probably have more Warhammer Fantasy bits than actual chaos space marine components on them.

I didnt even remove the 'purity' seals on some of the tactical marine legs!

I guess they feel more evil if they dont go look too over the top spikes and skulls ect.

I'm using my loyalist SM models as Chaos marines all the time, for two good reasons:

1) They're basically the same models. Only thing different is that the CSM ones have more "decorations" in the form of spikes and skulls.
    2) I created fluff for them both by creating own chapter, which then split (happened before in 40k fluff, can't remember what chapter though).

And, to further drive my point that it's "legal" I've organized a 40k campaign here, ran couple of Dark Heresy and Black Crusade campaigns and Inquisitor games, all rotating around the "corruption of my chapter."

I guess my point is... As long as the models represent the thing they are supposed to be (Power Axe's are used as Power Axe's and Defilers are left home when playing as loyal) it's all fair and dandy. If you are trying to play Hormagaunt as a Dual-Thunderhammer Chapter Master...... yeaah... no.

Quote Originally Posted by dwez View Post

I giggled. Later on I found out the guy had a really low painting score because they weren't painted Blood Angels but other than that they had no problems with it. I did hear last weekend they pulled a mate of mine up on his flying bases. He'd sprayed one unit's bases white and one unit black to differentiate them but having applied paint they then weren't classed as fully painted so he had to remove them! Seems OTT to me, not a fan of that arbitrary ruling about what constitutes fully painted. you may as well have people getting points knocked off for using the stock green Necron rods or unpainted canopies of Storm Ravens and Vendettas, I digress...
    Low paint score because his guys weren't painted GWs standard form of blood angel? That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard.
    Borderline alcoholic and happy about it.
    Don't get your religion mixed with my Constitution. The mixture curdles.

Quote Originally Posted by dwez View Post
    I played at Warhammer World against a guy who had a Night Lords painted army who was using the Blood Angels Codex.
    Weirdly in a recent tournie (before the new edition of Codex Chaos) I played a guy who was using Nightlords as counts as 'Blood Angels' in a similar fashion to the guy you encontered...I played him with my codex chaos Night Lords Army it was a weird game. Later in the Same tournie I encountered another player who was using Codex Space Wolves for Emperor's Children. This was a GW event, if Gw don't have a real problem with doing this then no one really has any grounds to disallow it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12