BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Librarian

Default ERW's Necron Help, need ideas

So I have my gradient colours and they look really good on my night scythe, but I am having trouble determining what colour the main body should be without giving into the same necron stereotypes. Do I wanna go light coloured, like a white or tan, or dark like a black or something. Something to keep in mind is that I plan to do my glowey bits in a blue glow, not the typical necron green.

The gradient is done with caliban green with a gradient done with an airbrush to hawks turquoise. Do note it is masking taped off for spraying the main body.

Ideas? What do you think so far though.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v506/rlocke2/551391_4297044038379_634463020_n.jpg

Veteran-Sergeant

Are you planning on filling in the little lines with a different colour? If so go dark with them and maybe do a light gray gradient for the main body. Also if you look at a colour wheel it says orange is the complementary colour.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by vharing View Post
    Are you planning on filling in the little lines with a different colour? If so go dark with them and maybe do a light gray gradient for the main body. Also if you look at a colour wheel it says orange is the complementary colour.
    I plan on doing the glowey bits between the areas on the gradient section, as well as other glowey bits, I plan to make use of object source lighting as well.

At this point I am focusing on the main body
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v506/rlocke2/551391_4297044038379_634463020_n.jpg

Veteran-Sergeant

How about a nice orangy-brown or perhaps a copper? I've always liked brown and blue together in regular clothing but I've never tried it on a model though.
    "Technically correct is the best kind of correct."
    WHFB: Dwarf - TK - Empire - Goblin 40k: SW - IG - Ork

Brother-Sergeant

I'll second the vote for a coppery color. That sounds like it would go well. Maybe give that scheme a try on some ground-pounders first?
    The gamer now known as Doctor Ham

Chapter-Master

Gold goes well with blue, but is that too space tomb kings?

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Librarian

A friend suggested to me last night a khaki, though for this one the metallics are going to get all tin bitz cause it looks really great with these colours. A khaki with some undertones might really work well for something like this.

As for the orangey brown, that doesn't sound too bad, might have to think about that one.