BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Veteran-Sergeant

I have been playing against mostly marines of various stripes, and have had some luck. Its been my expereince so far that DE need a little extra luck. But that luck is something you can make for yourself. First make sure that there is a good amount of terrain, not just the 4or 5 odd pieces. Second in my list i make of the baron and a swarm of hellions. not much in the way of inf can survive the hail of shots followed up by a close asslt. A haemonculus is a must i used two, giving a pain token to the hellions first turn. 2 units of reavers at least 5 in each unit. and dont bother with shooting upgrades just thoses that make their overrun attacks better. I have killed many a squad with not return damage. (of course after a few times your opponent will target them right away) raiders with trueborn and splinter racks for you firebase. I have used harliquins and they work great but expensive. I dont like ravagers as they get missled to death first turn, no matter how i try to hide it. The rest of the army is wyches and warriors on foot. my new list i am putting together is going to include a ftr an bomber, plus an allied detachment of chaos marines. for the fluff, fabius+ 5 chaos marines+ forgefiend. something thats durable and can pump out the shots. Good luck and take lots of prisoners
    Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But the U.S. Armed Forces don't have that problem. R Regan

for the ravenwing flocks i used the leaves of the tree set mount them on a flight base stick paint them and they look ace !!

Cheers for the input everybody! Sparks has gone and invested a fair whack in 2 Raiders, 2 humonculi, a squad of Incubi, and a squad of Wyches..... speaking as an opponent the 3 pronged attack from the Raiders, backed up by the Incubi, Archon and Pain Engine with a free floating Ravager sounds a lot more scary to me than facing the last army he brought out.

Gone is the 'shoot the crap out of them whilst you can' tactic.... I'm gonna have to rely on some luck and armour saves, which is more than I've had to do before.... I'm a little bit scared of his list now if I'm perfectly honest! :P

We're arranging the next game for sometime soon, so we'll make sure that we come back and let you know how the new list gets on

DE are very scary when handled well (and providing you use proper terrain and don't fight battles on Planet Billiard Ball). Just wait until scores of wyches start gigglestomping all your armour.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12