BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Grey Knight unique / relic weapons and wargear?

Being fan of unique weapons with stories behind them as well as the concept of someone being able to craft a piece of wargear so much better than average has led me to a quest on finding out what unique weapons my dear Grey Knights have. Also general Inquisitorial stuff or those dating back to malcador and the heroes he worked with are on my "want to know -area".

So, i know of Draigos Titan Sword and whatever Inq. Valeria carries. Are there any other weapons, relics and other wargear that you know of? Also, accepted are also stuff from pre 5th edition stuff.

Veteran-Sergeant

There is also this awesome 2 handed sword that was wielded by Grand Master Mandulis, and Justicar Alaric to banish Ghargatuloth, The Prince of a Thousand Faces. It strikes you like a bolt of lightning and is weighted to be more used to slash instead of how Grey Knight weapons now are used more for piercing. As far as i know it didnt have a name but Mandulis' sword.
    =][= "Innocence proves Nothing."

Nice! I am currently working on grand masters, and while there are no rules for the special weapons, i would like them to stand out with their weapons as well

Now i just need to find a way to make a good looking nemesis greatsword that a terminator can carry

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Wildcard View Post
    Now i just need to find a way to make a good looking nemesis greatsword that a terminator can carry
    [URL="http://www.solegends.com/citcat19911/c2018smgreyknighttermina-01.htm"]BOO YAH![/URL]

failing that, you could just build upon the standard plastic grey knights and add stuff like a cape with GS

Brother-Captain

Arias- Sword of the thrice hated Hector Rex. Mr. I'm half space marine stabbed and banished Khorne's favorite Bloodthirster (An'ggrath the Unbound) through the heart with it.

Okay, took some pics of the work-in-progress Grand Masters with hoods, cloacks and loincloths Those interested can find them behind this link:

[URL="http://s719.beta.photobucket.com/user/Wildcard84/media/Grey%20Knight%20Grand%20Masters%20WIPs/GM1wip1_zps5b604b4d.jpg.html?sort=3&o=3"]Grand Master WIP stuff[/URL]

Some psycho with 2handed sword would fit perfectly with those nutjobs..

/edit: Those pics aint the best quality because my camera is having difficulties in focusing on the plastic men

Quote Originally Posted by Wildcard View Post
    Okay, took some pics of the work-in-progress Grand Masters with hoods, cloacks and loincloths Those interested can find them behind this link:

[URL="http://s719.beta.photobucket.com/user/Wildcard84/media/Grey%20Knight%20Grand%20Masters%20WIPs/GM1wip1_zps5b604b4d.jpg.html?sort=3&o=3"]Grand Master WIP stuff[/URL]

Some psycho with 2handed sword would fit perfectly with those nutjobs..
    They look really good, that giant two handed sword looks ace!

3rd member to join the grand masters

[URL="http://s719.beta.photobucket.com/user/Wildcard84/media/Grey%20Knight%20Grand%20Masters%20WIPs/GM3wip2_zps26a9ec85.jpg.html?sort=3&o=1"]Grand Master 3[/URL]

Veteran-Sergeant

I like the first conversion with the sword/halbred i might do one myself actually =D. But I do have to mention the GM w/ hammer looks a bit strange he looks like he is wielding an anvil on a stick.
    =][= "Innocence proves Nothing."

Animus Silvanna: I aggree, the hammer is not very well in proportions ..Yet, those are practically the first conversions i've ever made that include green stuff and i know theres still lot to be learned in working with that stuff.. That said i am planning on buffering the haft more (now only cones in the both ends). Reason i went with that conversion is that it first had normal hammer in its hands and it did look puny and had nothing special in it.. I dont have any other hammers or hammeralikes in my bitboxes so i had to use nemesis dreadknight hammer.

I was after something like:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	darksiders+2+game+storymode+death+strikes+wallpaper+joe+mad+madureira+art+concept+design+sycthe+.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	92.9 KB 
ID:	3530

and while still work in progress, it certainly looks an unwieldable hammer