BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Default Wiggle Room for Eldar Aspect Warriors

In your opinion, how much wiggle room does one have when painting aspect warriors, assuming that I want to create a more or less "correct" - perhaps a better word would be "fluffy - Eldar army?

Can I play around with the exact distributing or shades of the colors - dark angels green instead of black on dark reapers, for example - or add actual metallic silver to my shining spears, or add the colors and symbolism of my Craftworld to my aspect warriors' banners? Is this the sort of thing that one would see in the world of 40k, or would that choice take my army entirely outside the bounds of fluff?

Thanks in advance.
    ElectricPaladin Paints: http://tiny-plastic-dead.tumblr.com/
    ElectricPaladin Writes: burningzeppelinexperience.blogspot.com

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricPaladin View Post
    In your opinion, how much wiggle room does one have when painting aspect warriors, assuming that I want to create a more or less "correct" - perhaps a better word would be "fluffy - Eldar army?

Can I play around with the exact distributing or shades of the colors - dark angels green instead of black on dark reapers, for example - or add actual metallic silver to my shining spears, or add the colors and symbolism of my Craftworld to my aspect warriors' banners? Is this the sort of thing that one would see in the world of 40k, or would that choice take my army entirely outside the bounds of fluff?

Thanks in advance.
    Dude its your army, paint it however you want. Its all make believe remember. You're not going to violate laws by painting your toy soldiers different colors.

My Scorpions are black and red. Why? Because they look like predators.

Check the eldar codex. The aspects vary in colour wildly, between each craftworld, and even between each temple on that craftworld.

Eg. Dark reapers. They are the colour of death, and as such are typically black, purple or midnight blue, but death is also bone/white, or they can be in craftworld colours.

The traditional aspect painted colours are just representative of one aspect temple on one particular craftworld.

I checked the Eldar Codex and I can't find where it actually says that. As far as I can tell, wherever you go a Dire Avenger shrine is a Dire Avenger shrine, with the same rituals and visual cues.

That's not to say that there aren't deviant shrines, of course. There's no particular reason a given Exarch and his followers can't deviate from their patron Phoenix Lord's look. It just seems to be that, what with the dissociative identities the Eldar deliberately cultivate to follow their Paths, they lose a bit in imagination.

Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post
    Dude its your army, paint it however you want. Its all make believe remember. You're not going to violate laws by painting your toy soldiers different colors.

My Scorpions are black and red. Why? Because they look like predators.

Haha that's rad, man. Love it.

To OP: I agree. Do what you like. In fact, I think that the more that you personalize it, the more awesome it will be.
    Calm down. This is supposed to be FUN.

There are very few things you can not get away with.

Chaos Grey Knights spring to mind

I would say knock yourself out.

Its about having fun and enjoying the hobby, not being a slave to some paint scheme.
    To will, to know, to dare, to win.

Librarian

i have always had the opinion that your army should be what you want it to be. i always loved the d##ba#s that say you painted that wrong. my response is always them same, find me in the rules where is says that i have to paint it like that.

All my Aspect Warriors are painted in my Craftworld colours, because that is how I roll. I don't actually like most of the Aspect schemes, so I ignore them. No reason why you shouldn't. Unlike Space Marine chapters there has never been anything which says 'these are the official colours' and even there is was there is nothing stopping you putting the aspect colours on the models in another way (sashes, weapons etc)

You only have to see the variations in how GW have painted Craftworld colours over teh years. Black and yellow for Ulthwe, then later bone and black. Different shades of red for Saim Hann, varying amounts of yellow to blue on Iyanden etc.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

If you can google the original W127 (UK) RT era aspect warrior schemes, you will see a massive colour variation. I can't be arsed to find it for you though sorry.
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Chapter-Master

I lie I could be arsed...

[IMG][/IMG]
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast