BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

The multi charge part sounds legit to me but turning the dread after it assaults the tank isnt. As mentioned before you can turn in the movement phase all you like and then I suppose "moon walk" your dread at the enemy tank. Although a move like that is a bit douchey in my opinion and pretty shady.
    letsagetabitarockin!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RocketRollRebel View Post
    As mentioned before you can turn in the movement phase all you like and then I suppose "moon walk" your dread at the enemy tank.
    The key is to show them that you're really not scared, I mean you're playin' with your tank's life, this ain't no truth or dare. They'll kick you, then they beat you, then they'll tell you it's fair. So the trick is to beat it, but you wanna be bad.

I went and had a look at the tank but he'd been hit by, he'd been struck by a smooth criminal. All the Dread had to say was that the sentinel was not his son.

Quote Originally Posted by Gotthammer View Post
    The key is to show them that you're really not scared, I mean you're playin' with your tank's life, this ain't no truth or dare. They'll kick you, then they beat you, then they'll tell you it's fair. So the trick is to beat it, but you wanna be bad.

I went and had a look at the tank but he'd been hit by, he'd been struck by a smooth criminal. All the Dread had to say was that the sentinel was not his son.
    hahahahahaha cheers to you sir!
    letsagetabitarockin!

Gotthammer, I almost lost control of my bladder!! Thankfully space marines have an extra sphincter valve. That was the funniest thing I've seen a quite a while.
    Last edited by MarshalAdamar; 10-19-2009 at 11:38 AM. Reason: Typo's man! Typo's

alright, thanks for the thoughts folks

Quote Originally Posted by Gotthammer View Post

I've been inspired to make a MJ furioso dread with a white sparkly dccw and maybe a fedora haha
    letsagetabitarockin!

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by RocketRollRebel View Post
    The multi charge part sounds legit to me but turning the dread after it assaults the tank isnt. As mentioned before you can turn in the movement phase all you like and then I suppose "moon walk" your dread at the enemy tank. Although a move like that is a bit douchey in my opinion and pretty shady.
    There are no rules regarding the facing of Dreadnoughts in CC, nor are there restrictions requiring the Dreadnought to face a certain direction when moving or assaulting (only when shooting). It is a perfectly legal move. As far as we know, the Dread could be trying to push the tank over by pushing his back into the tank.

Aside from that, I don't know why everyone has such a problem with it. Walkers are allowed to freely pivot when shooting and moving, and protecting the rear armor of the dread is common sense, and perfectly legal. I can't help but think back to a comment Chumbayala said in another thread, about cries of "powergaming" being little more than bullying.

Unless of course, this guy actually cheats (in other aspects of the game, as this is all legal). Then he deserves an appropriate amount of refusals to play.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    There are no rules regarding the facing of Dreadnoughts in CC, nor are there restrictions requiring the Dreadnought to face a certain direction when moving or assaulting (only when shooting). It is a perfectly legal move. As far as we know, the Dread could be trying to push the tank over by pushing his back into the tank.

Aside from that, I don't know why everyone has such a problem with it. Walkers are allowed to freely pivot when shooting and moving, and protecting the rear armor of the dread is common sense, and perfectly legal. I can't help but think back to a comment Chumbayala said in another thread, about cries of "powergaming" being little more than bullying.

Unless of course, this guy actually cheats (in other aspects of the game, as this is all legal). Then he deserves an appropriate amount of refusals to play.
    That depends on your perspective, Chumbayala, at least as far as I can tell, is an extremely competitive/tournie style player. So yes I could see someone like him having no problem with something like this, as has already been stated there are no rules against a moonwalking Dread, so it is a valid move. But there are a lot of us who play Warhammer who love playing "fluffy" games, hell in our play group we've actually written up short stories to follow up some of our more impressive sessions.

And in that heart stuff like this makes no sense what so ever in the spirit of the game, what reason would a dread have to scratch its but up against a tank? It just wouldn't happen, the only reason to do it is to take advantage of a rule in a way that wasn't thought about by the people writing the book in the first place. It completely removes you from the experience, especially when it results in debates like I'm sure it did when it happened to the OP.

There's no real write or wrong answer to this, highly competitive/technical people will give it a pass, and they're not wrong, it's technically allowed so they are %100 correct. But come play with a group like mine and you wont have to worry about this "technicality" mumbo jumbo.

Librarian

Sigh, you do realize that this forum is to discuss what the rules actaully said and not how we play or house rule the rules.
    Of course I will argue strict RAW in these forums....I will make you follow the exact wording of each rule.
    Is this the way I play? Of course not, the reality is I'm a very laidbacked player. I'm always up to house rule almost anything, BUT that is based on my understanding of the actual rules.
    If someone is tring to game me for advantage I can play them back with interest. It is not how I enjoy playing though, I like a give and take , I will never question an opponent on LOS or cover. Likewise I'm easy on different outlooks on certain rules, as long as it isn't a clear case or rules lawyering for advanage...LOL sometimes I'll even let that go to prove I can overcome the slight advanage they get from tweaking rules.
    Please remember that this forum is not for GaP( games as played) or RaI ( rules as Intented) but for RaW (rules as Written).
    Once a person knows what the actual rules state you can always house any Silly RAW or rules that don't fit into your local gaming group.

Brother-Sergeant

I was unaware the entire point of this forum was to discuss RAW, I thought it was to discuss Warhammer as a whole, my bad. But this is a perfect example of rules lawyering to gain the upper hand.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast