BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 40484950

Thread: Daemons Rumours

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Caitsidhe View Post
    Yep. This was apparently not considered by them.
    Are you sure? The Chaos Gods like to play with their toys.
    QUOTE Jwolf: "Besides, Tynskel isn't evil, he's just drawn that way. "

Chapter-Master

Hey guys, just thought I would let you all know that I have sent a lengthy rules query email to GW's FAQ team, concerning all of the following; Daemonic Possession affecting psykers in vehicles; the Exalted Flamer lacking Relentless; whether charging with Screamers means two Lamprey's Bite attacks or just one; whether counter-charging with Beasts of Nurgle means Slime Trail comes into effect; whether Epidemius' Tally affects individual models within 6" or units with models within 6"; whether Soporific Mask reduces Initiative to a minimum of one, or if it doesn't, does that mean those units don't get to strike; whether Heralds can be taken as a 1:1 choice in an Allied Detachment or they can't be taken at all, and; whether the Blue Scribes and the Masque are supposed to be Heralds.

Some might seem obvious but hey, hopefully this will get a FAQ out quickly. Did I miss anything? I didn't bother asking whether the Bloodcrushers lacking a +3 armour save was intentional, nor did I bother with the Warpflame thing.
    Check out my blog!
    http://imperatorguides.blogspot.com.au/

Quote Originally Posted by Learn2Eel View Post
    Hey guys, just thought I would let you all know that I have sent a lengthy rules query email to GW's FAQ team, concerning all of the following; Daemonic Possession affecting psykers in vehicles; the Exalted Flamer lacking Relentless; whether charging with Screamers means two Lamprey's Bite attacks or just one; whether counter-charging with Beasts of Nurgle means Slime Trail comes into effect; whether Epidemius' Tally affects individual models within 6" or units with models within 6"; whether Soporific Mask reduces Initiative to a minimum of one, or if it doesn't, does that mean those units don't get to strike; whether Heralds can be taken as a 1:1 choice in an Allied Detachment or they can't be taken at all, and; whether the Blue Scribes and the Masque are supposed to be Heralds.

Some might seem obvious but hey, hopefully this will get a FAQ out quickly. Did I miss anything? I didn't bother asking whether the Bloodcrushers lacking a +3 armour save was intentional, nor did I bother with the Warpflame thing.
    I tried already, no email back. It's been 3 days now.

More insult to injury..
    [url]http://lkhero.blogspot.com/2013/03/good-job-gw-nice-faq.html[/url]
    HERO's Gaming Blog

Quote Originally Posted by HERO

More insult to injury..
    So much negativity...

I would rather wait a week for a good answer than expect one within the hour that doesn't make sense or is changed again the next day.

Keep in mind that replying to this kind of emails (with rules questions) can possibly affect a couple of hundred thousand gamers around the globe. Just saying.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by HERO View Post

More insult to injury..
    I got my automated message, and that is all we need. They probably get hundreds, if not thousands of these emails. Just settle and wait for the English FAQ.
    Check out my blog!

this is what it says ion their website about answering.

Contact Us With Your Questions!

The Games Development team is constantly looking for ways in which we can improve the quality of the material that we provide, and we believe that our Amendments, Errata and FAQ PDFs are an important part of this process. If you have noticed any errors which you believe need fixing, or have encountered any rules for which you require clarifications, we are always grateful for your feedback; please email this to us at [email][email protected][/email] and we will do our best to answer your questions as quickly and clearly as possible in future updates.

so i think this means they wont answer your email directly most of the time and that the answer will be given in the future FAQ if it warrents it.
    MY New blog not much in it at the moment its not long been set up. gerbilmodels.blogspot.com

Initiate

whatever did happen to these? i've been playing daemons since the last edition and have been waiting for new looking greater daemons but non on the horrizon :/

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Sarisial View Post
    whatever did happen to these? i've been playing daemons since the last edition and have been waiting for new looking greater daemons but non on the horrizon :/
    Hey mate, welcome to the forums!

Given the speed of releases for both Warhammer 40000 and Warhammer Fantasy, I think GW are going to find themselves without codices to update within the next two years. What this will likely result in is a focus on supplements, but instead of just being released alongside codex waves, they will have their own model waves to go along with them. The big shift for GW will likely be to move everything that is metal or finecast into plastic, and that includes the greater daemon models. We may have to be patient, but I am sure that there will be new greater daemon models within the next three to four years. Kind of a long time to wait, which is unfortunate, but I definitely think they will happen; it is just a matter of when.

I've found though that there are some really good models to substitute as Greater Daemons if you look around Forge World. The Khorne Daemon Prince on Forge World is an excellent substitute for a Bloodthirster; just purchase a pair of wings of your choice from GW, add some hard work and you will have an awesome Bloodthirster. The Great Unclean One can be easily stood in for by the Forge World Nurgle Daemon Prince, or even the Games Workshop Nurgle Daemon Prince - possibly with some conversion so that it looks distinct from other Nurgle Daemon Princes. Having seen the Exalted Keeper of Secrets in the flesh, the model itself isn't too large to use as a Keeper of Secrets, and it just makes an amazing centre-piece model besides. As for the Lord of Change, I've found either the standard model or Fateweaver are the best of the bunch. However, some very tricky - but awesome - conversions that I've heard of or spitballed involve a Nightbringer or suitable base model of your choice, bird wings of a kind, a set of Flamers of Tzeentch to mould over the face of the base model and give it a daemonic warpflame 'face' - which suits the Nightbringer's hood just fine as you don't need to account for the rest of the head - and the Pink Horror icon as the basis for a staff.

I hope that helps!
    Check out my blog!

Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 40484950