Views:	357 
Size:	68.0 KB 
ID:	3671
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tumblr_mih8xskdAN1ra3xyeo2_250.jpg 
Views:	246 
Size:	23.3 KB 
ID:	3672

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Fly Lord

I'm starting to worry about the designer's direction these days.

Continuing a trend with Dark Angels through Warriors of Chaos - amazing technical production of an intricately detailed lacklustre design.

It would seem that at some point GW decided that every millimeter of surface needs to be filled with detail.

While I appreciate that the Daemonic range should be outlandish and oddly proportioned - we are just not seeing the level of quality design work as in the past.

These are no Dark Eldar, or Coven Throne.

Why is it that Kingdom Death with 30K in seed money can make some minis that really unsettle a viewer while GW with millions cannot - for their one true "horror" range - Daemons.
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Iron Father

I think BigRed that the design studio have the problem in that they have to design models that are both demonic, but that can't be too scary because of the younger players and their parents.
    Models from Kingdom Death as you mentioned are really disturbing and beautiful in equal measure, but
    I can't see GW going in that route with Daemons because of their wider audience and age range of players.
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Bigred View Post
    I'm starting to worry about the designer's direction these days.

Continuing a trend with Dark Angels through Warriors of Chaos - amazing technical production of an intricately detailed lacklustre design.

It would seem that at some point GW decided that every millimeter of surface needs to be filled with detail.

While I appreciate that the Daemonic range should be outlandish and oddly proportioned - we are just not seeing the level of quality design work as in the past.

These are no Dark Eldar, or Coven Throne.

Why is it that Kingdom Death with 30K in seed money can make some minis that really unsettle a viewer while GW with millions cannot - for their one true "horror" range - Daemons.
    I think daemons have always suffered from that, though. FW and the Diaz daemonettes aside daemons have always seemed quite silly to me. These new releases seem quite in character in that regard. The only daemon range I generally like is Slaanesh, even their recent combi-harvester kits had a sort of perverted feminine look to them. The rest always seem cartoony.

I still think larger pictures might change opinions of a lot of them, and different paintjobs. The Seaweed Chariot of Tzeentch in particular.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    I think daemons have always suffered from that, though. FW and the Diaz daemonettes aside daemons have always seemed quite silly to me. These new releases seem quite in character in that regard. The only daemon range I generally like is Slaanesh, even their recent combi-harvester kits had a sort of perverted feminine look to them. The rest always seem cartoony.

I still think larger pictures might change opinions of a lot of them, and different paintjobs. The Seaweed Chariot of Tzeentch in particular.
    I always think of that bizarre villain in the Powerpuff Girls whenever I see the Slaanesh range.

[url]http://villains.wikia.com/wiki/HIM[/url]

I shouldn't think of this and I don't like the way the models seem to push this direction.

She looks like one of the early daemonettes aka bald crab girls.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    She looks like one of the early daemonettes aka bald crab girls.
    Yep and the name of that villain is "Him." One would presume the gender is male... I think.

I didn't notice the name, just clicked the link and looked at the picture.

Codex cover from Faeit:

Battalion:

I like the cover art quite a bit.

Incidentally if anyone is still overly cynical about rumours, Hastings said back in October/November last year that daemons would go up for advance order in february.
    Last edited by eldargal; 02-20-2013 at 04:40 PM.

Chapter-Master

Hastings has been spot on with his schedule aside from Dark Angels being before Warriors of Chaos. He also called the new Plague-Drones. Makes me excited for High Elves and Tau, who I believe are supposed to be up for pre-order in April and May.

It must be said; that Codex: Chaos Daemons artwork is the best artwork I've seen on a hard-cover codex from either edition. It is amazing! The Fantasy one is pretty good too.
    Check out my blog!
    http://imperatorguides.blogspot.com.au/

What happened to the new Greater Daemons? And the Furies? And the Daemon-Engine?

Hopefully we'll see them next month instead?
    Last edited by miteyheroes; 02-20-2013 at 04:59 PM.
    http://miteyheroes.blogspot.com/ - My 40k Blog: Adeptus Mechanicus, Imperial Guard Grots, Conversions, Battle Reports and more.

Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast