BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Daemons Rumours

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Farseer Uthiliesh View Post
    Reminds me of my favourite Blackadder episode (Beer).
    God it has been an age since I have seen black adder, hehe, love that show.

I am hoping a lot for the greater daemons, as they have always been such cool ideas, but the forgeworld counterparts have always been like 10 steps above the standard there. It would be nice to see really good quality models of the daemons, especially with all GW's current modelling technology.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v506/rlocke2/551391_4297044038379_634463020_n.jpg

Fly Lord

OP updated latest info.
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Daemon-Prince

Quote Originally Posted by Bigred View Post
    OP updated latest info.
    ME likey likey........This gives my vampires lots of new models to make undead >
    Potential war gameing Jawa.

Brother-Sergeant

I am very concerned to see what the price increases end up being for this release, given that they pushed the slaughterbrute/mutalith to $85, I expect we can see the same or more for demons. Glad to hear Vetock is doing them, I am a pretty big fan of his fantasy work.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCastigator View Post
    I am very concerned to see what the price increases end up being for this release, given that they pushed the slaughterbrute/mutalith to $85, I expect we can see the same or more for demons. Glad to hear Vetock is doing them, I am a pretty big fan of his fantasy work.
    I actually think the increase will not be as much. Slaughterbrute is a rare choice for one army in fantasy, which means only one or two will be taken. GDs are HQ choices for Both Armies IIRC, and can be used more easily in multiples, meaning a slightly lower price will help encourage more sales, thus volume. If you look at 40K, especially Nids, the Hive Tyrant is $53.75 and Tyrannofex is $57.75, and the Trygon is 57.75. The latter two are on the large oval base, and are large models with options, so I'd say similar in kit size to the Greater Daemons. I'd guess some increase, but my guess is that the GDs will be no more than either $66 or $72, and not $85. $85 is a higher price point for the Slaughterbrute calculated to recoup costs on a kit that will not sell as many. GDs are far more iconic and ought to sell better.

Daemon-Prince

we pay 100+ for big models here now,..

If they decide to make the Greater Daemons move to a bigger base size, like the flyer oval base, my original Greater Daemons will look very very puny. But they'll still be legal models won't they? If the bigger base happens, should I mount them on piles of skulls rather than just fields of skull to make them taller like the new models?

I hope the squad sizes of the Plague Flies is big enough to make them useful, and maybe they'll have some ranged puke attack or something too, or a poison slash attack, something ranged and Nurgley!

Skarbrand might be worth taking if they make his Bellow of Rage or whatever it's called only effective to 'friendly' models. I also think Khorne and maybe Slaanesh should have like a 50 point Icon upgrade of some sort that permits assaulting from Reserves. That would make sense, and be appropriately costed, and only the god-specific Daemons could use it. And Bloodcrushers should count as Cavalry just like the JuggerLords in the CSM Codex. That's my wishlist.

Fly Lord

Another day, another set of rumors. OP updated.
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Daemon-Prince

Quote Originally Posted by Bigred View Post
    Another day, another set of rumors. OP updated.
    Is it bad i am hoping BOLS somehow gives away a demon army of new models for me to try & win? (For some reason i want to play them suddenly......)

Chapter-Master

We'll know soon enough if it is indeed Daemons I guess. I expect White Dwarf leaks in the next few days - the anticipation is really getting to me!
    Let's just hope for a fine, balanced codex that brings some significant changes to make both assault and ranged Daemons work!
    Check out my blog!
    http://imperatorguides.blogspot.com.au/

Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast