BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Chaplain

Default How do you drop vehicles?

When you drop in the Space Marines, how are vehicles dropped? Is there a pod for them?

Occuli Imperator

Land raiders are dropped in these:

[url]http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Warhammer-40000/Grey-Knights/THUNDERHAWK-TRANSPORTER-WITH-LAND-RAIDER.html[/url]

And Rhino Chasis in these:

[url]http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Warhammer-40000/Grey-Knights/THUNDERHAWK-TRANSPORTER-WITH-RHINOS.html[/url]

Dreadnoughts are in drop pods

[url]http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Warhammer-40000/Space_Marines/Space-Marine-Support/DREADNOUGHT-DROP-POD.html[/url]
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Chaplain

Oi vey!

So, for those who cannot afford these, are there rules to allow vehicle drops without them?

Quote Originally Posted by Blackcloud6 View Post
    Oi vey!

So, for those who cannot afford these, are there rules to allow vehicle drops without them?
    Well these are generally for apocalypse only, so I wouldn't worry about buying them.

Since your talking about space marines my advice would be to only use dreadnoughts in a drop pod list, and to make those drop pods, use the infantry ones, but don't assemble the interior (leave it empty, no seats), that should suffice.
    http://the-deathwing.blogspot.co.uk/
    Have a look at my Dark Angels blog!

Occuli Imperator

Oi vey!

In game terms the Thunderhawk transporters don't take part, unless playing Apocalypse as Dominic points out. It is fair to assume that the 'hawk that drops them has flown over head dropped the tank and flies off without being seen.
    So you can just drop them.

I am not sure about normal marines, but Blood Angels can have deep striking vehicles, but I don't think space marines can. Deep striking land raiders are scary as they have a large foot print then scatter 2D6" it is tense rolling...
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Oi vey!

In general, no, the various space marine codices do not allow for Deep Striking vehicles - thus, there's no need to buy expensive models. Exceptions in the current codices are:
    1. [url=http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?prodId=prod1560026]Ordinary drop pods[/url] are allowed to carry one dreadnought, even though that's physically impossible (the Forge World dreadnought drop pod is now often used as the "Lucius pattern drop pod," which allows the carried dreadnought to assault the turn it Deep Strikes).
    2. The Blood Angels codex allows for Deep Striking Land Raiders (but not other vehicles).

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfshade View Post
    Deep striking land raiders are scary as they have a large foot print then scatter 2D6" it is tense rolling...
    This is one thing that has always bothered me with Drop Pods and BA Raiders - I'm a red-hot missile from outer space / 90 ton super-tank with the heaviest armor known to the Imperium of Man, and I'm about to land on (for example's sake) a pack of Dark Eldar Kabalites, and *I* have the problem? Terrain, sure, other vehicles, sure. But Infantry I believe should get Tank Shocked by an incoming pod or Raider, with the caveat that you can't intentionally drop the beast on infantry. Would also have the added hilarity of landing on say Eldar Fire Dragons- the Exarch holds his Firepike over his head going "don't hurt meee!" and the Land Raider pops like a giant balloon.
    Thank you for voxing the Church of Khorne, would you like to donate a skull to the Skull Throne today?

Battle-Brother

I do belive that Blood Angel Land Raiders can deep strike. Just a thought.

Chapter-Master

If by drop you mean deepstrike, then most vehicles can't. BA Land Raiders are about the only things I can think of other than Drop Pods and Skimmers that can.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

1: Pick up vehicle
    2: Lift vehicle in the air
    3: Release grip on the vehicle
    4: Watch as the vehicle shatters into hundreds of plastic components
    5: Contemplate the fact that you have just wasted £20~45
    6: Find plastic/super glue
    7: Repair the vehicle
    8: Rinse and repeat

I hop this guide helps

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast