BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Librarian

Default Dark Angels up for pre-order on GW

They are finally up, and with a limited edition codes that looks pretty sweet too!
    [url]http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/armySubUnitCatsLarge.jsp?catId=cat440160a&rootCatG ameStyle=wh40k[/url]

I will be getting the Dark Talon fighter to proxy as an Avenger for my Sisters, or perhaps adding Dark Angels allies!

Brother-Captain

What I find interesting/distressing is what this could herald for price increases down the line...

$70 CAD for the Deathwing box - which has a -lot- of options and builds 3 different types of termy squad, I will grant you. Is it that much more than what the GK termy box lets you build, though? $10 more?
    $80 for a Vengeance Land Speeder? Yikes. Just...yikes. Compared to $36 for a regular or Storm variant... I mean I realize it fulfills a different roll and all, but I have a hard time seeing the model being more than twice as valuable.
    $90 for a Dark Talon/Nephilim? Not as much as a Stormraven, but it seems more in line with a Valkyrie or Stormtalon (the latter especially), which are $79 and $55, respectively.

I'm not usually one to harp on GW prices (and I'm certainly not going to cry 'the end is nigh!') but this latest batch of pre-orders does seem rather...steep.

~

That being said, I still am going to pick up the book and I am really tempted to look into some DA allies for my Blood Angels, depending on the rules for the Vengeance/Dark Talon and where they fit into the army.
    I'm also really tempted to consider a Deathwing army, and I'll certainly be looking into the cost/etc. of doing a small, elite all-terminator army.
    Armies Played (in order of acquisition)
    Crons, SW, SM, Tau, 1k Sons, IG, Nids, BA, DE

Librarian

Hahaha, the Dark Talon is Cheaper in Aus than in Canada.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Gir View Post
    Hahaha, the Dark Talon is Cheaper in Aus than in Canada.
    Wat.
    Armies Played (in order of acquisition)
    Crons, SW, SM, Tau, 1k Sons, IG, Nids, BA, DE

Quote Originally Posted by Kawauso View Post
    What I find interesting/distressing is what this could herald for price increases down the line...

$70 CAD for the Deathwing box - which has a -lot- of options and builds 3 different types of termy squad, I will grant you. Is it that much more than what the GK termy box lets you build, though? $10 more?
    $80 for a Vengeance Land Speeder? Yikes. Just...yikes. Compared to $36 for a regular or Storm variant... I mean I realize it fulfills a different roll and all, but I have a hard time seeing the model being more than twice as valuable.
    $90 for a Dark Talon/Nephilim? Not as much as a Stormraven, but it seems more in line with a Valkyrie or Stormtalon (the latter especially), which are $79 and $55, respectively.

I'm not usually one to harp on GW prices (and I'm certainly not going to cry 'the end is nigh!') but this latest batch of pre-orders does seem rather...steep.

~

That being said, I still am going to pick up the book and I am really tempted to look into some DA allies for my Blood Angels, depending on the rules for the Vengeance/Dark Talon and where they fit into the army.
    I'm also really tempted to consider a Deathwing army, and I'll certainly be looking into the cost/etc. of doing a small, elite all-terminator army.
    Deathwing Box: It's about the price difference they charge for an upgrade sprue.
    Vengeance: the model is twice the size of a normal land speeder. The price is about £5 more than I would have thought, like.
    Jetplanes: It's a smash-together between a Space Marines Bumblebee and an Imperial Guard Pigeon. Add in some scenery to glue on the back and you've got a kit. It's about a fiver more than I'd like, too, but...

Overall, it lines up with everything else in Gee Dub's range: It's about a fiver more than I'd like it to be. Sure, I could have a fairly splashy day out on the money I'd save over the course of an army, but in the short term it's only money I would waste in the pub.

[/defensive]

Overall, it's what you think's worth it. I mean, I spent way too much money on M:TG this week.
    When life gives you lemon's... should have used a condom.

Having seen the Land Speeder Vengeance in full 360 degree rotation now, I feel qualified to say:

Nagash, a contender for your crown has appeared.

If you really think that then you have very poor taste and/or are blind.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Banned

Was going to check them out but...

We are currently performing maintenance on our web site. Please check back at a later time. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
    Good timing GW, good timing

Damn you wallet!
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Veteran-Sergeant

Yea thought I would have a look at the new dark angels as well but looks like GW has a different idea on how to sell models.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast