BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Battle-Brother

Well we have new profiles already for Belial and Sammael with WS 6 teleport homer, iron halo and night halo.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Lexington View Post
    Plus, of course, J. Vetock wrote the Codex, which rather ups its potential over other rumored scribes...
    You, out of everyone... you.... I was expecting the least to pile on the Ward-hate.

Has anyone else noticed that Sternguard Vets are listed under the Dark Angels Elites page? could they be included in the new Codex?

[URL="http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/armySubUnitCats.jsp?catId=cat860008a&rootCatGameSt yle=wh40k"]http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/armySubUnitCats.jsp?catId=cat860008a&rootCatGameSt yle=wh40k[/URL]

Daemon-Prince

is it me or is games workshop not even trying anymore with the crazy price's on these models and how bad there sculpts are.......
    Potential war gameing Jawa.

Quote Originally Posted by White Tiger88 View Post
    is it me or is games workshop not even trying anymore with the crazy price's on these models and how bad there sculpts are.......
    Madness, i really like the new models. and in comparison to the rest of the range the prices are about right, that's not to say they're not expensive just that they're not really any more expensive than the rest of the GW model line.

Occuli Imperator

I think they are very nice, must resist urge to get army....

I think my favourite must be the bike command squad, that is so going to be converted to BA for one of my reserve companies.
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Iron Father

Quote Originally Posted by Simian View Post
    Madness, i really like the new models. and in comparison to the rest of the range the prices are about right, that's not to say they're not expensive just that they're not really any more expensive than the rest of the GW model line.
    I did like all the new models, well not Belial he looks too much like an OAP in Terminator armour. But that speeder I liked it at 1st, but now not so sure. It just looks a bit to ungainly for me after looking at the rotation pictures. I think the manned gun on the front needs to go. I won't be buying one that's for sure. The flyers both look good, but I think the added arches etc are too much. It's like the designers have thought "how can I make this more gothic" "I know lets add some archways and candles etc" its too much for my taste personally. Luckily the kits look like they can be built without them.
    Both the Deathwing and Ravenwing kits look bloody fantastic though.
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Banned

I second the Ravenwing being awesome for one reason only - beaky heads with the horizontal helmet vents like the Rogue Trader cover art. It is impossible to convey how much I have coveted them in plastic form. It's ridiculous really how much seeing those models have those vents almost made me impulse buy them despite there being zero need or benefit to order ASAP. I'm still a marine fangirl at heart

Not entirely sold on the Deathwing, perhaps a bit overdone, but judicious use of vanilla termie kits could spread the gothic out.

Iron Father

Quote Originally Posted by Gotthammer View Post
    I second the Ravenwing being awesome for one reason only - beaky heads with the horizontal helmet vents like the Rogue Trader cover art. It is impossible to convey how much I have coveted them in plastic form. It's ridiculous really how much seeing those models have those vents almost made me impulse buy them despite there being zero need or benefit to order ASAP. I'm still a marine fangirl at heart

Not entirely sold on the Deathwing, perhaps a bit overdone, but judicious use of vanilla termie kits could spread the gothic out.
    Yeah I agree with you on the DW they could be dilluted a little. there's something to be said about the vanilla TDA kits. They manage to still look good without being too fussy, could be said of the whole vanilla range of models really. They have a classic, clean, tidy look where some of the other chapters models like GK, BA, DA and SW sometimes look like they are trying to hard to look different. It's my personally taste of course, but I find these older marine kits much more pleasing to paint.
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Banned

The bits just being regular marine bits with an icon slapped on often doesn't help with the "tryhard" look. I'm thinking of painting some dudes with a [URL="http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f266/wiccamoon/lightbluecamo.jpg"]blue urban cammo pattern[/URL] 'cause I think it'd look pretty cool.
    I think that's why unique helmets like the Templar's bucket head work well as they're totally unique. Big fan of termies too - the original metal box set was one of the first kits I ever owned and the Deathwing box set was the kit I bought from the first GW store in Australia on opening day

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast