BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I vaguely remember something of the sort but can't remember where.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

I've recently skimmed IA 11 (damnit, freaking Eldar Corsairs - stop being awesome) and didn't see anything about this, but now I'll have to read it more closely.
    ElectricPaladin Paints: http://tiny-plastic-dead.tumblr.com/
    ElectricPaladin Writes: burningzeppelinexperience.blogspot.com

In Path of the Warrior, one of the Scorpion Aspect Shrines has a Swamp Environment while another has a Desert Environment. Given they are a stealthy Aspect, I fondly imagine that the Scorpions armour might be decorated in a style similar to their Shrines environment. That's part of the reason my Scorpions are a dark sandy, bone colour.
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?t=10151
    My Craftworld Arithym Project Log. Please have a look!

Librarian

Has anyone run into an issue with codex painted aspects and some tournament's '3 like colors' rule (where there must be 3 colors that are uniform throughout your army)?

Brother-Captain

It's fine to do all sorts of styles. I think it's best to keep it themed to the aspect though, even if it isn't the 'generic' colours for them. Like the desert idea mentioned above. Sandy desert painted Striking Scorpions would be different, but would fit and would be awesome.

It's also said in most of the Eldar codices that they often incorporate the craftworld colours into their outfits in some way, whether it's just on the cloth or they actually extend it to their helmets or whatever.

I don't think it's a good idea to just paint them exactly the same as the general craftworld units though. It removes a lot of the uniqueness from them and makes them blend in with the Guardians, War Walkers, Grav-tanks and such when they're really meant to stand out.

Craftworld-painted Harlequins are my pet hate. Goodness knows why people do it, it goes completely against the point. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Nabterayl View Post
    I could have sworn we have recent textual authority for variant aspect color schemes (thought it was in IA11 but can't seem to find it). Am I off my rocker?
    The WD that came out when the last eldar codex came out (UKWD 323).

[url]http://forums.relicnews.com/showthread.php?203791-Xenith-s-Eldar-Fire-dragons-completed-21-Dec-08&p=3203467&viewfull=1#post3203467[/url]

Scroll down to the middle of the post #15, there's an image of an alternate Fire Dragon shrine that was printed in WD.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123