BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 48 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Wildeybeast View Post
    Neat. I'm pretty sure my mum has reptilian DNA, though sadly it's just a complete inability to regulate her own body temperature.
    My wife's the same way.
    ElectricPaladin Paints: http://tiny-plastic-dead.tumblr.com/
    ElectricPaladin Writes: burningzeppelinexperience.blogspot.com

Occuli Imperator

I'm curious as to which bits of you make the best cut of meat (and how you avoid attend problems with blood loss and infection and such like)? Also, do you have any interesting recipes for long pig?
    Damn beat me to it!
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

And time for another recipe!

My Gran's fried fish.

Dead simple. You'll need white fish fillets (as I'm Eco minded, and in the thrall of Hugh Fearnley Whittingstall, Coley or Pollock are favoured) an egg or two depending on quantity, some flour and some Paxo golden breadcrumbs.

Clean up your fish, removing any obvious bones with tweasers, and remove the skin. Fishmongers can do this for you of you can't be arsed.

Mix some salt and freshly ground black pepper into the flour, and dredge you fillets coating them on both sides.

Then, dip the dredged fillets in the beaten egg. Best done whilst the egg is still cold. If it's too warm it for all elastic and weird.

From the egg, into the breadcrumbs. If you fancy, the breadcrumb can be mixed with spice of your choice. I recommend Schwarz spicy Cajun

That done, into a lightly oiled non-stick frying pan heated over a medium high heat, and in the words of both my Gran's, cook until it's done. Careful with turning. Do it too much and it might break up!

Serve with home made chips, garden peas, and some bread and butter.

Dead tasty, and little fuss!

Home made chips? Wash spuds, chip them to preferred size. If very starchy, soak in cold water for a few minutes to remove the excess. Then straight into the deep fat fryer. So easy!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

Speaking of sustainable fish recipes, have a look at [URL="http://www.wwf.org.uk/what_we_do/campaigning/more_fish/sustainable_fish_recipes/?gclid=CJuQoeak17QCFaTKtAodbg0ATA&pc=ALD004002"]these[/URL]. Can't say I've tried any of them, but they sound pretty tasty and WWF has been backing HFW and his fish campaign.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Iron Father

Mystery, have you ever tried twice cooked chips, basically you cut your chips as you want them and boil for say 5 mins max, then drain and place in fridge. After they have cooled bung them in a fryer at 120c for about 2 to 3 mins, take them out and stick them on a tray and bung them back in the fridge. Then once cooled bung them back in the fryer at 170c until golden. Best chips ever, crispy on outside and lovely and fluffy in the middle.

As for WWF and sustainable fish, I had think twice at that, I 1st thought, "what the hell does Hulk Hogan and co know about that ?"
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

I have! However nice as they are, I find it's a bit too much fannying around!

If I'm going poncy, it's goose fat roasties! Parboil spuds. Place on tray in the fat, coat well. Roast in oven. About 10 minutes before ready, press down with a spud masher. Lovely stuff! Oh, and ensure you season to taste (for me, sea salt, fresh black pepper, garlic and thyme) before roasting.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

They actually changed to WWE after WWF sued them over the name.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Currently researching pizza sauce recipes.

As soon as I have small, freezer suitable dishes my pizzas will be becoming even more home made, and thus even cheaperer to make!

Next up? I fancy looking up a home made chicken kiev recipe. On account I effing love the chicken kiev! Spesh with some chips and marrowfat peas. Luvverly!

Yep. That's looking dead easy. Make a garlic butter, pack chicken breasts with it (huh huh. I said breasts) then treat as per Gran's fried fish.

I think I'll give this a bash when I find chicken on offer. Recipe is for 4 (though I usually have two at a sitting). Thinking knock them all up, and freeze any excess. THen I just have to remember to take them out of the freezer before I go to bed/work.... Mwahahaha!
    Last edited by Mr Mystery; 01-08-2013 at 06:25 AM.

Iron Father

They actually changed to WWE after WWF sued them over the name.
    Yeah I know, obviously my poor attempt at humour is wasted on here

There is vague connection between what's now the WWE and recipes though. I was lucky enough to go to the WWF Bar in New York. The food was fantastic and the store upstairs had lots of sauces and condiments that the restaurant used. There was even a WWF cookbook which I think was written by JR and illustrated by Mick Foley (mankind, cactus jack and dude love). My brother bought it and made some great dishes from it. Unfortunately it was 10 years ago, the Bar is no longer in Times Square and the books vanished. The best recipe I remember is the coke cooked ham, which Nigella has adapted and used in her own books.

I had a great steak there, and saw the Dudley boys put Santa though a table in the middle of the restaurant. Everyone cheered .
    Last edited by Deadlift; 01-08-2013 at 07:01 AM.
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Banned

What you gonna do when sustainable agriculture runs wild on you?!

You think you got what it takes in the kitchen? You think your mendiants au chocolate can stand up to the Hulkster? Well see how tempered that chocolate is when it's got a 24" python crushing down on it!

I've been doing a bit of cooking lately - I made some choc-praline balls for christmas (kinda like Ferrero Rocheres) and some caramel & chocolate biscuits for new years. Managed to make both the praline and caramel from scratch, which I was rather happy with as was the first time I'd ever attempted either. Not much for cooking "proper" meals though.

Page 2 of 48 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast