BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Psychosplodge View Post
    I think the continued costs associated with cosplay/larp are more to do with the attendance of events, more than extending your collection of stuff...
    Also the Beer.
    Pretty much. But weapons do break (mine are fine still) and kit will need periodic replacement.

Then there's the traders. Last year I bought a mace (hitty!) bandages and apothecary stuff (healy!) and a bottle sling (drinky!). Oh, and a new belt. All tots up rapidly!

Totally worth it though
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

My main hobby is making electronic music, and theres definitely a reason it's a hobby...haha cos you can't make a living out of that hahahahaha...oh dear...sorry.

It's an expensive hobby though, VST pluggins (software production tools and synthesizers ect) can cost hundreds of pounds, if you want the professional and good sounding ones anyway, add to that the price of monitors and any hardware (I own a few synths, vocoder ect) and it can get expensive easily..
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Chapter-Master

Buying a house. Turns out you need a butt tonne of money before the banks will even let you through the door to discuss getting a mortgage. My 'hobby'/biggest financial drain is saving money for that. In the past I would have at least been able to call it an investment for the future, but given the current economic climate I'm not even sure it can be called that.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Iron Father

Quote Originally Posted by Wildeybeast View Post
    Buying a house. Turns out you need a butt tonne of money before the banks will even let you through the door to discuss getting a mortgage. My 'hobby'/biggest financial drain is saving money for that. In the past I would have at least been able to call it an investment for the future, but given the current economic climate I'm not even sure it can be called that.
    What I find so frustrating with banks, especially when it comes to mortgages and 1st times buyers is even though someone can be renting, and the rent your paying monthly will most likely be more than your intended monthly morgage repayments they still insist you "can't afford" the repayments.
    You can jump though hoops, providing proof of income and employment. You send all the information to the underwriters and they insist on more information. You give them what they ask for and they then lose the original copies at the processing centre (usually in mumbai) of the previous info, therefor putting the whole process back by weeks, only for the offer they have given you on the proviso that you give them yet more info is no longer valid. You have to start the whole process again.

I ****ing hate banks and yes I'm married to a Barclays Morgage Adviser.
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Asymmetrical Xeno View Post
    My main hobby is making electronic music, and theres definitely a reason it's a hobby...haha cos you can't make a living out of that hahahahaha...oh dear...sorry.

It's an expensive hobby though, VST pluggins (software production tools and synthesizers ect) can cost hundreds of pounds, if you want the professional and good sounding ones anyway, add to that the price of monitors and any hardware (I own a few synths, vocoder ect) and it can get expensive easily..
    Just get the FM7. It's the only plugin you'll ever need to make electro.
    Touched by His Noodly Appendage

Chapter-Master

With the economy the last five or six years, there's a reason why mortgages are so tough to get.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Occuli Imperator

I had fun and games getting mine, though my house will survive nuclear fallout if I block the windows...
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Iron Father

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    With the economy the last five or six years, there's a reason why mortgages are so tough to get.
    Which is kind of cyclical really, considering many perceive banks are to blame for the whole current mess were in now, personally I don't entirely. It's customers are as much to blame for taking out loans they couldn't afford to repay to buy things they didn't need. But then with financial regulations being what they were anybody could walk into a bank and take out a sizeable loan unsecured. But then the banks were also very aggressive with the way they marketed their loans in the 1st place.
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12