BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Veteran-Sergeant

Default Nerf-cron Immortals

Box of Warriors; cost-$35.00

Plasticard I-beams; cost-$2.99

1 hour of building/converting; cost-snuggletime...

Paying $40 after tax for a unit of immortals that normally costs $70 after tax, still having 2 extra warriors and a unit of scarabs, ducking GW price inflation AND supporting my LGS,

PRICELESS!

with rumors that 'crons might be getting a 'dex this year, I would expect immortals to become plastic and/or troops....hence, sidestepping a $13 single model blister and still supporting the local store.
    "Sometimes I take humor seriously. Sometimes I take seriousness humorously. Either way it is irrelevant"

Chaplain

Excellent conversion! I may have to borrow it for my Necron army, it's much simpler than the way I decided to convert my Immortals.

Comment, though - and feel free to ignore it if it's irrelevant - if you wanted them to look more in line with the metal Immortals, you'd need to bulk up the shoulderpads, lower legs, and spines. However, if that's not an issue, you're all set.

Nice job.

Brother-Sergeant

Thumbs up

I like your style, and I shall be steeling your idea, I hope this isn't an issue? =) Double thumbs up from me.

Veteran-Sergeant

TA:
    They are much taller than a normal warrior (shoulda had them together). Straightened the spine and neck (friend's suggestion) so I was going for tall as opposed to beefy. But thanks for the input, I'll look into figuring something out.

NN: Thanks as well...

both; steal away guys! the upright height on the warriors wasn't even my idea, so I stole a bit here too!
    "Sometimes I take humor seriously. Sometimes I take seriousness humorously. Either way it is irrelevant"

Wow, those are GREAT! I'm still using my old "line backer" Immortals. I may have to jump on the band wagon and steal your idea. One thing I would look into though is making some larger shoulder pads for the guys out of thin plasticard maybe and running some wires from the back up to the guns.

Of course that’s more fiddling and more lost snuggle time.

But that’s my two cents

Veteran-Sergeant

They look good and fit the bill nicely , I wish all gw's kits where plastic so much easier to work with .