BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Brother-Captain

Default Space Marine Bundles

Not sure if anyone else noticed these on today's White Dwarf Daily blog, but it seems GW have put together 6 themed bundles for sale. No money to be saved though sadly, think they missed a beat there, but the bundles are interesting:

Heroes of Rynn's World £121.50

The Legion of the Damned £104.50

Rapid Response £73.50

Either there is life in the universe more intelligent than us, or we are the most intelligent form of life in the universe. Either way, it's a worrying thought!

Brother-Captain

Heroes of the Space Marines £70

Warrior Ancients £84

Drop Pod Assault £45.50

I'm kinda tempted by the Legion of the Damned pack, cos add 3 more grunts and that's 2 full squads of them.
    Last edited by Brakkart; 01-11-2013 at 08:41 PM.
    Either there is life in the universe more intelligent than us, or we are the most intelligent form of life in the universe. Either way, it's a worrying thought!

Brother-Captain

I saw those, and I think they're a neat idea.

I really do agree that GW missed a golden opportunity to shave a bit off the cost of the bundles, though... There would be so much potential there to create themed 'packages' that could work as add-ons to any army, or even mini ally-armies in and of themselves. Like mini-battleforces or FOC additions such as the Dreadnought bundle.

Ah well. The Crimson Fist one is still kinda neat.
    Armies Played (in order of acquisition)
    Crons, SW, SM, Tau, 1k Sons, IG, Nids, BA, DE

Brother-Captain

Ohh yeah, hadn't even thought of their potential for allied contingents. I think a small saving would have made these a lot more appealing, but its still a nice idea and I hope they follow through and create similar bundles for the other armies.

And as an Imperial Fist player that Crimson Fist pack is all kinds of tempting, even if I do already have Pedro, I could still get good use out of that back banner of his.

Occuli Imperator

I think I heard my wallet being hidden...
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Who exactly are they targeting with these no-saving packages?

People who want to quickly and easily pick up a bunch of themed miniatures. Or people who will see the combinations, not having realised one could put all those things together. There's no saving (boo!) but they are convenient and nicely themed (yay!).
    Social Justice Warlord Titan

Chaplain

Heroes of Rynn's World
    Cool. I am just starting Crimson Fists. I will have to get this pack.

These do seem quite spectacularly pointless. Interesting marketing idea, but I genuinely can't see who these are supposed to be for, apart from complete newcomers.
    AUT TACE AUT LOQUERE MELIORA SILENTIO

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by YorkNecromancer View Post
    These do seem quite spectacularly pointless. Interesting marketing idea, but I genuinely can't see who these are supposed to be for, apart from complete newcomers.
    Well newcomers will enjoy them, and the -are- handy insofar as you could very easily 'bolt' these bundles onto starter armies. For example, adding the dreadnought bundle to any SM battleforce is a quick and easy way to make a thematic addition to any fledgling army.

But, yeah, the lack of even a minor discount makes the bundles seem rather lacklustre, with the possible exception of the Rynn's World one making it very convenient to start out a Fists army of one sort or another.

Come to think of it, the Heroes of the Space Marines bundle is kind of neat from a painting perspective; it gives you a fun grab-bag of models on which to try out a variety of different palettes and techniques.

But again, yeah, not hard to add those same models to your cart on the website of your favourite discount e-store... =/
    Last edited by Kawauso; 01-13-2013 at 01:15 PM.
    Armies Played (in order of acquisition)
    Crons, SW, SM, Tau, 1k Sons, IG, Nids, BA, DE