BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

1) There's a footnote that says a Company Master can't take a bike. Of course, he could still join the unit, taking a jump pack to keep up with them.
    2) Yes, this ability has already been seen in the Space Marine FAQ.
    4) The Darkshrouds don't give each other Stealth. Not that you need it; Jink plus Shrouded equals 2+ anyway.
    5) It says "boltguns," which are your bog-standard rapid-fire bolter. That's not bolt pistols, and not storm bolters, but would include the bolter part of a combi-weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Nabterayl View Post
    Flyers count Immobilized as Locked Velocity. Which is a very bad thing to happen to your flyer, but not as bad as dying :P
    Darn, I forgot. I still think the Nephilim is better than people think, but I don't actually have the money to buy a model anyway, so it's a moot point.

On another note, has anyone considered the argument that the rule "bane of traitors" should really work on any imperial faction under the reasoning "If you weren't traitors, why would I be smashing your face?" :P

Veteran-Sergeant

DA show compassion and affection by smashing face, so things get confusing sometimes.

Belial is a bada$$, that cable going into his power sword isn't a cable. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	18009491.jpg 
Views:	185 
Size:	107.1 KB 
ID:	3559
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	if_you_know_what_i_mean.png 
Views:	117 
Size:	57.5 KB 
ID:	3558  

Battle-Brother
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

I have just gone through the DA codex. Have no problems if people are whinging about azrael, i have one thing to say get over it i like that azrael rules all dark angels in the army are using his leadership and gives his squad 4+ invul. Asmodai can cause instant death and gains an extra kill point if he takes out any warlord in h2h. All DW vehicles and Dreads have preferred enemy rule. All dreads are deathwing. I am happy the way it the codex is balanced unlike others we can name. All our banners are back (about time). All bikes have hit and run special rules. As for the landspeeder vengeance love the idea.

I have had DA since angels of death days now have to redo my 30 termies with new choices in the codex.

Then work on 145 more troops not including bikes or vehicles and theres still 14 bikes, 4 attack bikes, 6 dreads master of the Ravenwing landspeeder, 10 Land Speeders (old metal ones),4 Land Raiders, 1 whirlwind, 2 preds, raorback and 1 rhino to do.
    Last edited by Azrael71; 01-12-2013 at 12:51 AM.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by Aurelian View Post
    For all those complaining about the flyer, you should take a look to the special rule "Unrelenting Hunter" for some mitigation. If I understand it correctly, the rule was meant to make the Nephilim a better anti-air unit. Because Flyers count immobilized as destroyed, and Unrelenting Hunter allows the shooter to change a weapon destroyed result to immobilized, the Nephilim can destroy other flyers on a 4+ (3+ with the lascannon). Not sure whether this really makes up for the relatively sparse weaponry on a relatively pricey unit, but it should help some.
    Think you need to learn to play there mate....

Locked Velocity has it's used as well. Got troops on board? NO HOVER FOR YOU!

Plus it limits where the flier can threaten, as it has to keep going.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

Just went through the codex. I really like it. You can put out a lot of marines, if you want to. The abilities seem balanced at first glance. I have a feeling that people are going to enjoy this codex.
    QUOTE Jwolf: "Besides, Tynskel isn't evil, he's just drawn that way. "

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Houghten View Post
    1) There's a footnote that says a Company Master can't take a bike. Of course, he could still join the unit, taking a jump pack to keep up with them.
    2) Yes, this ability has already been seen in the Space Marine FAQ.
    4) The Darkshrouds don't give each other Stealth. Not that you need it; Jink plus Shrouded equals 2+ anyway.
    5) It says "boltguns," which are your bog-standard rapid-fire bolter. That's not bolt pistols, and not storm bolters, but would include the bolter part of a combi-weapon.
    Incorrect. Jink (5+) plus Shrouded (+2) == 3+. (2+ if you flat out)

Why wouldn't you go flat out?

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast