BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Brother-Sergeant

Default Sisters of Battle Exorcist - ForgeWorld Model Price Increase?

Last few days been looking at SoB heavily and one thing I kept seeing on forums was that the FW Exorcist model was cheaper than GWs. Sure enough I remember seeing it selling for 26 or 29 British Pounds just last night. Downside was that it was out of stock.

Just looked again today and saw that it was 40 pounds now. Granted it is now in stock but what gives? Ninja price hike or am I seeing things?

Librarian

Just get a whirlwind. That's what my 2 exorcists are. Occasionally I have to tell people what they are, but most get it straight away. And if you have extra sister's bits sitting around you make it more SoB-ish.

Brother-Sergeant

That's a great idea. Ironically the FW model made me think of an alternate WE turret. Just thought the overnight price hike odd as normally we see GWs hikes coming a mile away.

Librarian

I bought Immolators and then the Whirlwind turret (from warstore.com I think) and attached the missile pods to the Immolator turret.
    I got the idea from this post, though he uses the Forge World Hyperios pods (which I kind of like better) and he also added the organ pipes.
    One disadvantage to the Forge World or Whirlwind is that the turret is targetable. Whereas with the current GW organ Exorcist nothing above the roof is targetable (as the organ is all barrels and you can not draw LoS to barrels or infantry that are sticking out of the tops)

Here is the thread link. You should check out the other conversions and paint scheme too!
    [url]http://warhammer.org.uk/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=48416[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by herigonz View Post
    Last few days been looking at SoB heavily and one thing I kept seeing on forums was that the FW Exorcist model was cheaper than GWs. Sure enough I remember seeing it selling for 26 or 29 British Pounds just last night. Downside was that it was out of stock.

Just looked again today and saw that it was 40 pounds now. Granted it is now in stock but what gives? Ninja price hike or am I seeing things?
    Are you sure you're not confusing the Immolator with the Exorcist?

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by OrksOrksOrks View Post
    Are you sure you're not confusing the Immolator with the Exorcist?
    No, I had specifically been looking for the Exorcist and was bummed when I saw it was "Out of Stock" otherwise I would've bought it right then and there. When I went back the following day I was surprised to see the price hike.

Those are definitely good looking conversions too. I have a few leftover missile bits from Drop Pods (though the regular ones) that might work in a pinch but won't be nearly as imposing/nice.