This is a place-holder thread, for a project I am working on. I'm waiting on the vast majority of the stuff to arrive(we get mail every 2 to 3 weeks).

I am here in Afghanistan, and I have a pretty decent amount of time on my hands. I have wanted to do a proper themed army, and I think now is a good opportunity to do it. I have chosen the 2nd Company of the Ultramarines because they are one of the few Codex's displaying the entire company man for man, and my goal is to represent each marine as closely as possible as seen on pages 18 and 19 of the codex. I am limited to the bits available on the internet, so it cannot be represented perfectly. I think this will do the job sufficiently though. I went through the two pages and counted every bit that I would need to accomplish my goal. However, there are a few bits that aren't readily available without spending an unreasonable amount for one or two parts(mostly Forgeworld). I intend to magnetize a good portion of the models, those being assault marines, devastator marines with heavy weapons, and the special weapons within the tacticals, to allow for flexibility if the need arises. Possibly the Sergeants as well, but we will see. Granted, I will probably never(or very rarely) use all of the 2nd company in one sitting, as the entire company as seen runs roughly 2620pts if I didn't forget anything, without transports. But that's okay, because I enjoy the hobby just as much as I do playing the game itself.

I will post pictures as I complete them, probably by squad, or by individual marine if I'm particularly proud of their appearance. If you have any questions or comments, feel free to leave them. I am open to suggestions and criticism, as long as its within reason.