BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Default February Flyer Wave

Via Warseer:
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRaven
    From Faeit 212, our favorite source of rumors.

Next White Dwarf will feature aerial battle using campaign of fire rules and NEW flyers

Tau receive a flyer and data sheet for it. Fast attack choice. Armor 11 all around. Non tau pilot. Looks like a manta ray flying backwards. Bs 4 super sonic. S6 ap4 missiles. Off center gun heavy 6 str 5 ap 4 twin linked or single small blast Str 8 ap 2.

Eldar flyer and data sheet for it. Very similar stats to dark eldar flyer has missile lock, has distortion missiles.smaller fighter looks like elongated vyper.

The harpy for tyranids. Nothing to note. Not a dual kit.
    The final surprise. A fourth flyer. The long awaited dark eldar bomber.

At least the Tau flyer looks like it's almost as toned down as the DA flyers. Are S6 AP4 missiles the new future?
    Voidraven AND a new eldar flyer? This better not be another hallucination.

All of those are accurate, but it's an air caste pilot who is tau, not an alien.

There are some expanded vespid options being explored and the Tau empire is really being fleshed out as a commerce driven "all are welcome if they serve the common good" attitude.

the current schedule calls for Daemons in feb and flyers in march.

A fantasy update in April and then it's 40k and a little bit of hobbit from May to August with a new supplement and then a big launch in September for 40k, then a fantasy fall and shares Christmas.

Anything more than 2-3 months away though is subject to change except that this summer is getting a really awesome 40k supplement.
    Last edited by eldargal; 01-11-2013 at 11:49 PM.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Occuli Imperator

No Spacemarines no point
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Pfft Xenos > Space Marines.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

Eldar and Tau? I don't have the budget for this... .
    ElectricPaladin Paints: http://tiny-plastic-dead.tumblr.com/
    ElectricPaladin Writes: burningzeppelinexperience.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricPaladin View Post
    Eldar and Tau? I don't have the budget for this... .
    Well you don't have to buy nine of each...

There is speculation that the eldar kit may be a dual kit, it is possible. Most GW releases see at least one dual kit and there were rumours of the eldar flyer being such, even before the release schedule of suspect accuracy.

Occuli Imperator

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Pfft Xenos > Space Marines.
    Sigh th bump on your noggin has obviously left you forgetting which way around the less than symbol should go. Sigh.

But it is nice to see everyone having flyers. I would be very intereseted to see what the Tau looks like/rules are to see if this is an indication of what the range will be moving towards
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

I just hope the eldar flyer has decent rules and isn't completely fudged up.

Chapter-Master

I'm completely fine with no Space Marines or Imperial units in this launch.

I'd still like to see a flyer for the Space Wolves at some point, though... :/

www.queencityguard.com

Battle-Brother

Hmmm, between the Tau flyer and the new Dark Angels flyer, what exactly are S6 AP4 missiles supposed to target? They're pretty useless versus most ground tanks, only a little less useless versus other flyers (needs 6s versus Stormraven), and a single missile is a waste of points versus infantry. I will admit the S8 AP2 weapon is very nice, but again, useless versus other flyers because its a blast template. Harumph...

S6 is not useless, eldar have been using it to great effect for years. A flyer should always be targetting rear armour for a start, and they are hard to take down without dedicated anti-air. Remember in 6th you can glance things to death.

Also most flyers are not AV12. The issue here isn't the new flyers being weak but some old flyers being overpowered/undercosted.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast