BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default 1500 Necrons for Tourney - Need Advice

Hey guys,

So 3 things to get out of the way off the bat.
    1) This List is effectively using only fully painted/assembled models
    2) This is my first tourney in a city I recently moved to and I dont want to come in and be "that guy"
    3) The only things I have ready not in the list are: 5 Lychguard/Necron Lords/ Overlord, 3 Crypteks (counted as any type), 3 Scarab Swarms, 2 Monoliths (would prefer not to use any Vehicles but I can if I have to)

HQ
    130 Overlord Mind Shackle, Sempinetal Weave 130

Elites
    152 8 Deathmarks 152

Troops
    156 12x Warriors 156
    156 12x Warriors 156
    156 12x Warriors 156
    170 10 Immortals w Tesla 170

Fast Attack
    200 5 Destroyers 200
    200 5 Destroyers 200

Total 1320

My idea is to present a strong firebase that can threaten both hordes and mech as well as having a mobile wing to deal with light vehicles and MCs or other scary units on foot. Ideally I would use some Heavy destroyers as well but my conversion peices will likely not arrive before this tourney. With 65 feet on the ground already I feel that i should have some staying power and be able to either castle or move around depending on the scenario.

No FW is allowed everything else at the tourney is rulebook standard. Mission and set up announced each of the 3 rounds. there are 16 spaces but that doesnt mean they will fill.

Im looking for any advice as what I can take with my remaining points to fill out my list and any stategies or problems you guys anticipate. Thanks for the help.

Is there any way for you to get more Scarab Swarms? A unit of 9 or so should fill up the remaining points, and also give you a great answer to heavy armor! They can also be used to clean up diminished enemy units later in the game, making them very versatile.

And I wouldn't worry about being "that guy"... free models are at stake, play to the best of your abilities! That's how I approach it, anyway.