BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Default Companies that have permanently lost your buiness.

Normally this thread is full of love for the local game store, but today I'm going to write about a store that has permanently [or nearly so] lost my business.

Long story short, there are two issues. One is a bald guy named Mike who's 'that guy' because he has a little bit of power as a store clerk. The other is he tried giving me crap because I'm using a non-GW version of the book I went and had printed myself because the main rule book is too heavy. I own that big book--I won it at a local charity event and then used my computer to scan and copy a slim-down version of the book rather than buy dark vengeance [I only play Necrons] but he hassled me over it and I politely told him to get out of my grill and take up any problems he has with the Fair Use Copyright act.

I'm already part of a tourney at the store, but if he does it again, I'm going to demand my money back and drop out.

So what do you think? Yes, I've bought models and paint there in the past, but hassling me over 1st amendment rights is crossing a major line.

Any of you have similar stories?

Chapter-Master

Is photocopying something covered by your first amendment?

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Chapter-Master

The title of this thread would make more sense in the oubliette. Because it doesn't fit here.
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

HSBC are about to lose my custom. Been banking with them for over 17 years, and whilst I get occasional grief, they have given me nothing to deserve my custom.

Just waiting for my multi level complaint to process, and I'll be looking for a new bank!

Starbucks and Amazon can also kiss my tartan arse for their tax dodging shenanigans. I'll be using Play in future!

Sussex Arms in Tunbridge Wells? For serving your friends as soon as they come to the bar, whilst others have to wait ages for a poorly kept, overly chilled pint? Get stuffed! I'll drink where I can get away from braying student fools.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

Oh yeah, HSBC hate them, I didn't travel to the branch to speak to someone to be directed to the red phone that connects to the same call centre staffed by people with a limited grasp of English I could have phoned at home...

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Lloyds are worse with their call centre.

In my professional capacity, when I call a bank it's because the bank have pissed off a customer who has brought it to us.

So naturally, you put me through to Manila. Because that'll help!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Quote Originally Posted by Occam View Post
    Yes, I've bought models and paint there in the past, but hassling me over 1st amendment rights is crossing a major line.
    Out of interest, how is photocopying a copyrighted book protected under the first Amendment?!

Quote Originally Posted by Some American Presidents (I think)
    Protects freedom of speech, freedom of religion, and freedom of the press, as well as the right to assemble and petition the government
    Then again, maybe you worship the emperor and reproducing your bible is freedom of religion?
    http://the-deathwing.blogspot.co.uk/
    Have a look at my Dark Angels blog!

Chaplain

For me it would have to be the Chermside games workshop (in Australia) the staff are a bunch of dicks, seriously one basically had a fit because I was going to start a necron army (I just wanted to paint at this point might I add) and most don't seem to know **** about anything that isn't space marine

Under the assmuption that Occam is talking about his local Games Workshop store then you Sir are an ***. The guy has every right to have a go at you for not using either the big rulebook or the small one, you don't have any right to photocopy their books. You are only allowed to photocopy what if anything GW state you are allowed to. So get off your high horse and either put up with carring the big book or get the small rulebook from ebay.

If on the other hand you are just talking about your local gaming store that does 40k, then the guy should mind his own buisness, lol.

EDIT: *** = a s s
    I have a blog, check it out :P - http://forthegloryofgorkandmork.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/tau-xv8-02-commander.html - just updated my blog 11/04/13

Occuli Imperator

I want loose the custom of HMRC...
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast