BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Prevention: Give Justicars the effect of jamming beacons so you can mess with opponent's icons, etc?

Chapter-Master

Actually, I might make an anti-deepstrike squad psychic power like that. I'd thought about replacing mystics with the following squad psychic power:

The Grey knight unit may sacrifice its shooting in the next turn, in order to target a single enemy unit entering reserves within X" at the end of the shooting phase, normal shooting rules apply. In order to use this ability, the squad must pass a psychic test.

I think I'm also going to make a generic Squad Psychic Power rule to deal with how to use squad psychic powers.

So my main homework list so far is
    1. Squad psychic powers
    2. Revise Legacies system with something, possibly a mission system. (Now that I think about it, the mission system could be similar to the Black Templar Vow system on the Emperor's Champion, though I don't want to copy that either). Maybe a mix of Legacies and Vows, something in between...
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    I've never seen a forgeworld Grey Knight Rhino unit entry. Last I checked (and I checked just now), the psycanon razorback was for Inquisitors and IST's only, NOT Grey Knights.

Anyways, you bring up a good point. I tried to make these rules by updating existing rules, rather than completely rewriting everything. I'll let GW do all that re-writing, I'll just update stuff. Unfortunately, about the only significant thing forgeworld has done is give GK's Land Raider Redeemers (which are awesome, btw), and give Inquisitors and IST's a few extra transport options.
    I think that GKs should get Inquisitional Valkyries. Roughly the same rules as the new Guard Codex. Little more expensive and BS 4. Maybe the option for door mounted psi-cannons in place of the heavy bolters for a slight cost increase. That would give them an impressive transport option and make them stand out among Space Marines. It also makes reasonable sense as they do work hand in hand with the ISTs.

Chapter-Master

I know I would love to be able to transport my Grey Knights in Valkyries (or more precisely Vendettas). For every two squads of GKs in a Land raider I can get 3 squads in a Vendetta.

I did add Valkyries to the IST transport options, but I think a lot of people would protest if Grey Knights got them (primarily non-Grey Knight players).

Something else that hurts is the fact that the Valkyrie is not an assault vehicle, and Grey Knights need to be able to jump straight into combat to avoid enemy shooting.

It is very, very tempting, though.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Had a thought the other day about stormtroopers: since they're so well trained and disciplined, maybe the Sergeant should make them Stubborn, and let them regroup while under half strength (like a bonding knife)?

Abbess Sanctorum

Honestly, I agree with darklink. Grey Knights anti-daemon rules need to be useful against more than just daemons.
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

Quote Originally Posted by Dunadan View Post
    Had a thought the other day about stormtroopers: since they're so well trained and disciplined, maybe the Sergeant should make them Stubborn, and let them regroup while under half strength (like a bonding knife)?
    Agreed. IST's are the elite of the elite when it comes to stormtroopers. Proabably some of the best non-power armor troops the Imperium has. They have to be steady and brave enough to withstand the greatest horrors; alien, heretic, and daemon alike.
    http://www.heresy-online.net/daemons/adoptables/10912-dchingus.htm
    Please help my lil buddy by a lil clicky click

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Melissia View Post
    Honestly, I agree with darklink. Grey Knights anti-daemon rules need to be useful against more than just daemons.
    Thank you. There is only one daemon player in my gaming group of roughly 20 people, and I've only played him once one on one. It's completely pointless to have an army that is only good against one other army if the players will never play against that army. It's just impossible to make it balanced.

Quote Originally Posted by Sitnam View Post
    Agreed. IST's are the elite of the elite when it comes to stormtroopers. Proabably some of the best non-power armor troops the Imperium has. They have to be steady and brave enough to withstand the greatest horrors; alien, heretic, and daemon alike.
    I like that idea. I think I'll add in stubborn and the ability to regroup.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123