BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Unhappy Grumpy DA codex predicament.

the Deathwing command box shows a SGT in the squad with power sword and Storm Bolter, the website also advertises this. However when u go to page 95 it says all 5 terminators are armed with powerfist and storm bolter. there are no wargear options to take a sgt in the combination previously mentioned. has this been Errated?

In the army list section Deathwing Terminatir Sergeants come with a power sword as standard, therefor there's no option for it as you already have it! Sure you're not looking at the command squad or Deathwing knight entires?
    http://the-deathwing.blogspot.co.uk/
    Have a look at my Dark Angels blog!

thats what im on about the command squad pg 95 (HQ), the box shows the command squad with sgt and power sword, pictures from within the codex continue to show the squad including sgt and power sword but the entry dosent show it as a wargear option.

Then if you really want a power sword you'll have to use it as a counts as halberd for the champion

Or sue for false advertisement
    http://the-deathwing.blogspot.co.uk/
    Have a look at my Dark Angels blog!

well stupidly i glued the bugger together before reading the codex, shame the cover of the box was mis-leading.

The box can be made into three different units Deathwing Command, Knights or regular terminator squad. The sergeant on the box is the sergeant from the regular terminator squad, who can have that wargear.

well the pictures in the codex also show the sgt within command squad next to Belial in the double spread(back of codex)...... but im just arguing for the sake of it now... but still kinda narked that most boxes sold by GW normally show how the squad is ment to look.
    Thanks for responce anyway peeps.

Chapter-Master

The Deathwing Command Squad equipment is Storm Bolter and Powerfist. There is no sgt in the command squad, only in Deathwing Terminator Squads. So the box is technically correct. Although, I am not sure anyone would equip them that way...
    QUOTE Jwolf: "Besides, Tynskel isn't evil, he's just drawn that way. "

Librarian

I have the box set too, and that is an interesting error.
    The unit on the box cover can only be the Command Squad. Other than being labeled as such it has an Apothocary and a Standard. The sword wielding model I assume would be a Deathwing Champion which as the OP stated cannot have a sword (if he takes the Halberd then he has no Storm Bolter).

It is a bit misleading, however in the instruction booklet it calls the same model a Deathwing Sergeant (which, of course the command squad does not have).

Why do the models on the front of the box have to be a unit? why not just a showcase of possible models you can build with the kit?