BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Deathwing assault and turn of arival...

The 50% thing has been beaten to death so never mind that. What i have doubts about is the following:

Can i have some units deathwing assault in turn 1 and some in turn 2, or must all units deathwing assaulting arrive in the same turn?

The way i see it, the sentence "All units making the deathwing assault automatically arrive at the start of the chosen turn", could easily be refering to the turn chosen for each individual unit. At least that how i instinctively read it the first time around. Now im not sure...what do you guys think ?

A RAI point is the fact that they bothered to give Belial a homer. That would make a lot LESS sense if all deathwing assaulting units are supposed to arrive in the same turn.

Quote Originally Posted by Hjarl View Post
    The 50% thing has been beaten to death so never mind that. What i have doubts about is the following:

Can i have some units deathwing assault in turn 1 and some in turn 2, or must all units deathwing assaulting arrive in the same turn?

The way i see it, the sentence "All units making the deathwing assault automatically arrive at the start of the chosen turn", could easily be refering to the turn chosen for each individual unit. At least that how i instinctively read it the first time around. Now im not sure...what do you guys think ?

A RAI point is the fact that they bothered to give Belial a homer. That would make a lot LESS sense if all deathwing assaulting units are supposed to arrive in the same turn.
    You're trying to manipulate this but it just seems really desperate, its pretty obvious that ALL units arrive at the start of the chosen turn means you choose a turn and then all the units show up at the start, don't be obtuse, its not fun for anyone

Librarian

i would point out that it says CAN make a deathwing assault. doesn't mean they have too.... could mean you send down belial in first turn witha unit and use his teleport homer for other units as and when they become available as per normal Deepstriking....
    ALShrive; found somewhere between fact and breakfast.
    Horseman of the Derailment

Librarian

And you'd better have 50% on the table by end of turn 1 or you loose. I know you didn't want to mention it, but since Deathwing Assault is optional...

Chapter-Master

No, Deathwing Assault is not optional. It is mandatory for Terminators that are teleporting.

What you can do is give Belial a land raider. Have him zip accross the board, and at the beginning of turn 2, everyone teleports within 6" of the hull of the land raider does not scatter.
    QUOTE Jwolf: "Besides, Tynskel isn't evil, he's just drawn that way. "

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Tynskel View Post
    No, Deathwing Assault is not optional. It is mandatory for Terminators that are teleporting.

What you can do is give Belial a land raider. Have him zip accross the board, and at the beginning of turn 2, everyone teleports within 6" of the hull of the land raider does not scatter.
    Nope. p44 Deathwing Assault: <paraphrasing> units with this rule can choose to make a Deathwing Assault.
    You don't have too, you could keep all of your Termies in regular Deep Strike reserves.

Chapter-Master

no, you need to read the Terminator Armor rules. They do not get to teleport the way other terminators do. You either start them in reserves and walk onto the board, or you make a Deathwing Assault.
    QUOTE Jwolf: "Besides, Tynskel isn't evil, he's just drawn that way. "

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Tynskel View Post
    no, you need to read the Terminator Armor rules. They do not get to teleport the way other terminators do. You either start them in reserves and walk onto the board, or you make a Deathwing Assault.
    Where are you seeing this? The rules for Terminator armor are on p65 in the Dark Angels Codex which simply gives them the 2+/5++, Bulky, Deep Strike, and Relentless Special Rules. It does mentions any special Deep Strike rules nor even confers the Deathwing Assault rule (except to characters). Though all 3 of the Terminator squads have the Deathwing Assault rule.

Perhaps I'm missing something. Please provide page number for reference.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by JMichael View Post
    And you'd better have 50% on the table by end of turn 1 or you loose. I know you didn't want to mention it, but since Deathwing Assault is optional...
    You only need 1 living model on the table, not 50% of your army. The 50% is only for what you can put into reserves normally, not for whether or not you auto-lose.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    You only need 1 living model on the table, not 50% of your army. The 50% is only for what you can put into reserves normally, not for whether or not you auto-lose.
    derp. I was confused and meant 1 model. I'm building/buying an all Deathwing army and had the all Reserve thing in my head.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast