BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

You gotta love GW for providing these FAQ's. I know I do.

This means they acknowledge they CAN be wrong and will update the Rulebook and/or Codexes.

I still remember a time when a Codex was released and then you had to wait for 5 years before you got an update (as in a new codex or WD article/update).

Chapter-Master

From the changes to vector strikes and how its main gun is now a turret weapon, the Heldrake has somehow managed to become even more powerful......

That is ridiculous. It's weapon is turret-mounted!? You measure from the base for it!? Great, so positioning no longer matters against a Heldrake. Oh, and no cover saves from Vector Strikes - combine that with a Hades Autocannon that can shoot out of its butt.....

Unless I've got the rules all wrong?
    Last edited by Learn2Eel; 01-16-2013 at 07:08 AM.
    Check out my blog!
    http://imperatorguides.blogspot.com.au/

The only change to the DE FAQ Ican see is the removal of this:
    Q: A void mine is used in the Movement phase. How does this effect
    what weapons can be fired by the Voidraven Bomber in the Shooting
    phase? (p47)
    A: The void mine does not count towards the number of
    weapons a Voidraven Bomber can fire that turn.
    I hope simply because GW realised it was damned obvious that an equipment option used in the movement phase wouldn't impact on the shooting phase without it being mentioned explicitly rather than them implying this is no longer the case.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Learn2Eel View Post
    From the changes to vector strikes and how its main gun is now a turret weapon, the Heldrake has somehow managed to become even more powerful......

That is ridiculous. It's weapon is turret-mounted!? You measure from the base for it!? Great, so positioning no longer matters against a Heldrake. Oh, and no cover saves from Vector Strikes - combine that with a Hades Autocannon that can shoot out of its butt.....

Unless I've got the rules all wrong?
    I thought you always measured turret mounted weapons from the weapon itself? Definitely some boosts to Tyranids and Psykers in general.

Chapter-Master

FAQ specifically states measure from base of model.

It means you can vector strike and shoot at the same unit. It also means the direction he was pointing in is largely irrelevant.

Yes he is incredibly powerful now, more so.
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Thankfully you can ignore FAQs if you choose too, FAQs being GW houserules not binding changes to the rules. Ill be making a case to my group to ignore the Farseer ruling but honestly there isn't much point anyway, I'll just wait until November.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Brother-Captain

Yay, Vindicare are back and normal inquisitors are worth taking again!

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by DrLove42 View Post
    FAQ specifically states measure from base of model.

It means you can vector strike and shoot at the same unit. It also means the direction he was pointing in is largely irrelevant.

Yes he is incredibly powerful now, more so.
    Jeez.....this thing is even more devastating.....dear oh dear.
    Check out my blog!
    http://imperatorguides.blogspot.com.au/

Veteran-Sergeant

Once more with gusto... Burn Space Wolves burn.... Ok so I love my Heldrake and dislike my friends Space Wolves... A lot. Gotta' say, I am happy with this FAQ update.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Here I was hoping the FAQ qould include something to make fielding eldar actually worthwhile. I suppose I'll stick with Dark Eldar and WFB 'til the next codex.
    Seriously - I think you need to re-evaluate the Eldar. I've had much more success with them in 6th edition than I have with my blood angels.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast