BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Brother-Captain

I'll wait until Victoria Lamb puts something up on her website ... if she ever does.

Necron2.0 (a.k.a. me) - "I used to wrestle with inner demons. Now we just sit for tea and scones, and argue over the weather."

Quote Originally Posted by YorkNecromancer View Post
    Sculpts here are faily amateur; the helmeted heads are awful. However, I quite like the bare heads, and the scout torsos are good. Might get some.

Incorrect - while you are very correct when you say that female body armour does need to accomodate women, it doesn't look "feminine". These are the latest versions of US ballistic armour specifically for women; looks exactly like the men's, despite the internal breastplate modifications.

[url]http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2012/09/19/the-armys-latest-body-armor-innovation-is-for-female-soldiers/[/url]
    Pity there aren't pictures to compare them to the old male armour. Regardless they don't look feminine but you can still tell they are female as their narrower shoulders and wider hips are much more obvious. Not to mention it varies depending on the body shape of the woman wearing it, if they have wider hips they flare out more. Also worth nothing is that these are prototypes and the final product may be shaped even more.

Also the old background in Index Astartes had the implants being reliant on male specific hormones, which do not exist, not Y chromosome.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

I'd imagine the sculpts look a lot better on tabletop, rather than closeups - a good job considering the resources they have to work with. I'd like to see female marines appear in the fluff, doesn't take anything away. Since most of it's written in-universe, therefore potentially flawed, I think the line about it only being compatible with "male tissues" could be easily written off as "the Imperium's forgotten stuff about human biology".

...still, they're a bit more exaggerated then I'd like. My favorite example of [URL="http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.php?showtopic=169942&st=25&start=25"]female marines has to be these scouts, made by Silber on B&C[/URL]:

Although the method of "make shoulders less wide, shave codpiece a bit, slightly different head" isn't as good for making a 3rd party model.
    Last edited by Rev. Tiberius Jackhammer; 01-16-2013 at 11:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by YorkNecromancer View Post
    Sculpts here are faily amateur; the helmeted heads are awful. However, I quite like the bare heads, and the scout torsos are good. Might get some.

Incorrect - while you are very correct when you say that female body armour does need to accomodate women, it doesn't look "feminine". These are the latest versions of US ballistic armour specifically for women; looks exactly like the men's, despite the internal breastplate modifications.

[url]http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2012/09/19/the-armys-latest-body-armor-innovation-is-for-female-soldiers/[/url]
    Just as male space marines grow abnormally large muscles, female space marines grow abnormally large bazongas. The breast plates are therefore necessary to fit them :P. In theory, female space marines would be superior to male ones because you could fit a few extra organs in their breasts.
    Last edited by Spikey McTorture; 01-17-2013 at 09:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikey McTorture View Post
    Just as male space marines grow abnormally large muscles, female space marines grow abnormally large bazongas. The breast plates are therefore necessary to fit them :P. In theory, female space marines would be superior to male ones because you could fit a few extra organs in their breasts.
    actually, its likely that is the process of getting massively muscular, the breasts would shrink.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzeentch's Dark Agent View Post
    But you need a Y chromosome to be implanted with gene seed!

I'm not questioning the martial prowess of women, hell, I've had my fair share of slaps, what I am saying is that a female Space Marine is just not biologically possible in the background.
    XY women do exist. [url]http://jcem.endojournals.org/content/93/1/182.abstract[/url]

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Purge the Heretic View Post
    XY women do exist. [url]http://jcem.endojournals.org/content/93/1/182.abstract[/url]
    You are technically correct: the *best kind* of correct.

That said, it probably does not support the Emperor selecting a group of rare genotypes which typically have developmental issues. But who knows? Maybe zygotes with chromosomal abnormalities are the bread and butter of genetically engineered soldiers!

Tl;dr.
    Why do you always complain about the length of my posts?
    AUT TACE AUT LOQUERE MELIORA SILENTIO

Chaplain

Seems Meow Meow Minis is closing.
    Just saw this on their site:

WE ARE CLOSED

Due to unfortunate circumstances, we will no longer be accepting new orders. The web site shall remain active until all current orders have been filled and shipped. We will not be selling any molds, and the rights to the sculpts remain with the sculptor. We thank you for your patronage, but unfortunately the best decision for our family is to discontinue home-based commercial enterprises and concentrate on maintaining happiness in the home.

- Jacqualine and Jackie

"Heretics crave the cleansing fire of absolution. They need not fear, for we shall deliver"

Well poo.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast