BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

The only problem is that Ravenwing Command Squad is really small, AND that the banner carrier is not a character. Pain in the butt.

However, if you are gunna do that: take sammael and a character on a bike and beef that squad up with some wounds.

Personally, I would do this:

Fortress of Redemption.
    Command Squad w/Banner of Destruction.

Put the Bunker as close to the center of the board as possible.
    Then put the command squad in the center bunker tower.

Surround the Fortress with Bolter Marines.
    Wipe you hands of the blood of your enemies.
    QUOTE Jwolf: "Besides, Tynskel isn't evil, he's just drawn that way. "

Battle-Brother

Why is Belial best without the Claws? The research I had found online previous to the dex being released seemed to show people favored Belial with the Claws.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by uglytater View Post
    Why is Belial best without the Claws? The research I had found online previous to the dex being released seemed to show people favored Belial with the Claws.
    It's because I think the Sword of Silence is better. The claws give a bonus attack and re-rolls to wound at S4 and AP3, the Sword always wounds on a 2+ at AP3. Statistically, and especially against monstrous creatures, the Sword wins for me. The claws may work out better against T4 opponents though, however it depends on the WS of his enemy as well.
    Last edited by Learn2Eel; 01-17-2013 at 05:38 PM.
    Check out my blog!
    http://imperatorguides.blogspot.com.au/

Another great codex breakdown Learn2Eel! Thanks very much for this!

Chapter-Master

Thanks for the feedback guys, much appreciated!

@alshrive That's perfectly fine mate
    Check out my blog!

Got any lists with this codex yet, eel?
    Calm down. This is supposed to be FUN.

Chapter-Master

Yeah I actually wrote up a Ravenwing army for 1500 points to use in an example army list for the article, thanks for reminding me I'll post it up now;

Ravenwing 1500

HQ
    Sammael - 200
    Ravenwing Command w/ Ravenwing company banner, Ravenwing grenade launcher - 135

Troops
    Ravenwing Attack (6) w/ two plasma guns, meltabombs, land speeder w/ multi-melta - 256
    Ravenwing Attack (6) w/ two meltaguns, meltabombs, attack bike w/ multi melta - 241
    Ravenwing Attack (6) w/ two plasma guns, meltabombs, land speeder w/ multi-melta - 256

Fast Attack
    Darkshroud - 80
    Darkshroud - 80
    Black Knights (6) w/ two grenade launchers - 252

Probably not the best army list, I made it up in a few minutes, but it would nonetheless be a fun and fluffy army. I ended up with quite a few points which i could upgrade stuff but bot afford other units. Obviously, fliers would be a problem, but I'm not too big a fan of the Nephilim - especially in a somewhat points intensive army - and an Aegis Defence Line wouldn't gel well with the mobile focus. Still, there is a lot of twin-linked plasma in this list, so that is something. If you are worried about fliers, drop one of the Attack Squadrons and fit a Veteran Squad with a Primaris Psyker into a Vendetta or two.
    Last edited by Learn2Eel; 02-10-2013 at 07:23 PM.
    Check out my blog!

Chapter-Master

I would squeeze and put a plasma blaster awesomeness in there. The Fast Vehicles get Jink, and the stealth field gives them a better save!

Second, I would get a second grenade launcher in the Black Knights. Nothing like firing both a stasis AND a rad grenade into the same unit.

Now, you may not be a fan of the nephalim, however, the twin-lascannon, a twin-hv bolter, and 2 str 6 missiles can do a number on flyers. Might be worth thinking about.
    QUOTE Jwolf: "Besides, Tynskel isn't evil, he's just drawn that way. "

Chapter-Master

I didn't have the points to take the sixth black knight and thus a second grenade launcher.
    The Nephilim is fine, it is just too costly IMO, at least when you compare it to other units it has to compete with. Whilst the Nephilim will probably end up being a better choice as more 6th edition codices are released, at the moment it is just a tad too costly for what it does.
    Check out my blog!

Quote Originally Posted by Learn2Eel View Post
    A nasty tactic that has developed already is to place Azrael in a friendly blob squad of Imperial Guard
    I didn't think of that! I was hoping the Warlord Trait 'Hold at all costs' would grant them FNP near objectives as well but obviously the GW staff figured this out first and ensured only Dark Angels units benefit from this. Oh well, 'Courage of the Lion' would be good for taking orders.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast