BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Advice for dealing with the new space marine librarian formation

So, a friend revealed his new sm list yesterday and all I have to say is wtf. Pinning devastators, assault marines that can charge from deepstrike, but the biggest thing was 3 librarian with like 6 powers, can cast on 2+ and since he is only casting blessing I deny on 6+. If you guess can come up thing so tactics to deal with this, I'd love to hear it.

Banned

Play Eldar?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Manton View Post
    Play Eldar?
    I play Tyranids and Demons... or are you telling me just play Eldar, lol

Banned

Well, if you get an Eldar army with lots of D weapons you just ignore most of the shenanigans. :P

Daemons you say? Maybe go a bit nuts on the Tzeentch route. Summon a never ending tide of demonic horror and use all your DTW dice on the more important of his spells. Otherwise I dunno. Just try to kill them? Librarians never were much good in combat. And 2W means they don't last too long.
    If you kill one of them, does the formation cease to be effective?

Shoot them with a bunch of AP2. Marines are still just as easy to kill as they were before and I really think the biggest thing is New Dex Fear. It's the unknown aspect of the new book that gives people a difficult time and although the new codex offers marines a lot of options, most of them are able to be countered easily enough. If he's using blessings to bolster another unit, attack the librarians, if he's focusing heavily on the librarians, then go after the rest of his army. Keep in mind, ONLY the nominated Librarian can cast on the 3+ or 2+ when near other librarians and all other librarians must wait until he is done before they can cast, so make sure he is only using the powers associated to the other librarians when they are casting.

Kill the librarians. If you're playing daemons, just charge them with something big and killy (like a Bloodthirster or an invisible flesh hound pack with Be'lakor), or if you're playing Tyranids exploit shadow in the warp and leadership shenanigans.
    What kind of powers are they casting? If they're summoning daemons play tyranids (because shadow in the warp + instability = dead stuff), if they're making stuff invisible just bring be'lakor and tzeench and beat them at their own game. Or try screamers, they're good against invisible stuff.

Brother-Sergeant
    Germany, Baden Württemberg, Reutlingen/Tübingen

How about taking a culexus. With infiltrate etc. even with come the apocalypse allies it shouldn't be a problem...

First-Captain

try and take out the main Librarian he wants to cast with first, or to force them away from each other to stop them having a bonus

Unless I misunderstood the formation rules, only the nominated librarian may cast, the others forfeit the ability for the turn, yes? That establishes who gets shot at first.

Librarian

fluff aside (not anything that cant be navigated from narrative properly though) I second the culexus partially because it will be the easiest to try out in terms of using something to sub for the model to try or just buying a metal one used for what like 15 bucks on ebay?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast