BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

I was more thinking about the Lion Helm giving the entire blob squad a 4+ invulnerable save
    Check out my blog!
    http://imperatorguides.blogspot.com.au/

Yes, I originally was building my list around a 10-man Tac squad with Azrael giving the whole squad 4++ and FNP on objectives (i.e. Azrael sits on an objective and plays "U can't touch this" by MC Hammer), but I've since changed it to Guard allies. No FNP with allies but it would be overpowered if you could.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Learn2Eel View Post
    I was more thinking about the Lion Helm giving the entire blob squad a 4+ invulnerable save
    I have a feeling this will be FAQed. A lot of the FAQs prevent wargear from being abused as such.
    QUOTE Jwolf: "Besides, Tynskel isn't evil, he's just drawn that way. "

Quote Originally Posted by Learn2Eel View Post
    I didn't have the points to take the sixth black knight and thus a second grenade launcher.
    The Nephilim is fine, it is just too costly IMO, at least when you compare it to other units it has to compete with. Whilst the Nephilim will probably end up being a better choice as more 6th edition codices are released, at the moment it is just a tad too costly for what it does.
    Just drop the AssCann off the Darkshroud and either drop the two H.Flamers off the speeders or swift a pair of plasma guns to meltas and drop a pair of meltabombs and together with the 2pts you had spare, you got yourself 42pts for another black knight.

I used to do that with the masters of the chapter formation when playing apocalypse. Azrael gives a command squad, four captains, and all the other Independent characters that i wanted to add a 4+ invulnerable save. Almost funny, tends to draw D strength weapons very fast though

Question: is it just me or does the Ravenwing command squad entry in the codex suggest that you can upgrade any black knight in the army to be a champion and not just one of the black knights in the command squad itself? I couldn't find anywhere online that discussed this, but that was certainly the impression I got while flipping through the codex.

No. The Ravenwing Champion is in the RW command squad entry and cannot be taken in a regular Black Knight squad. What it refers to when it says "One black knight in the army" is that if you take two RW command squads (each for a HQ on bike) only one can have a champion. There is only one RW champion in the chapter after all!

Quote Originally Posted by Braeus View Post
    No. The Ravenwing Champion is in the RW command squad entry and cannot be taken in a regular Black Knight squad. What it refers to when it says "One black knight in the army" is that if you take two RW command squads (each for a HQ on bike) only one can have a champion. There is only one RW champion in the chapter after all!
    I hear you, but then why wouldn't they write "One black knight per army in a command squad" or something? They recently FAQed Deathwing command squad to read the same, you'd think they would've seen the vagueness of that phrase if it was being reviewed (although I'd never place too much faith in GW's skills at that considering all the typos in this codex). Either way, I'd say that RAW for both Ravenwing and Deathwing suggests you can replace any knight or termie as champion, regardless of whether that's what they meant to happen. Seems like something that needs to be FAQed.

Librarian

I am planning to take a Dark Angels army to the next BlogWars tournament and this is the list I have thus far;

Belial 190

Deathwing Command Squad (5 Terminators) 270
    - Halberd of Caliban
    - Apothecary
    - Plama Cannon

Deathwing Knights (5 Knights) 235

Deathwing Terminator Squad (5 Terminators) 245
    - Assault Cannon
    - Chainfist

Deathwing Terminator Squad (5 Terminators) 250
    - Cyclone Missile Launcher
    - Chainfist

Ravenwing Attack Squadron (6 Bikers) 236
    - 2 Meltaguns
    - Attack Bike w/ Multi-Melta

Ravenwing Black Knights (5 Knights) 210

Nephilim Jetfighter 180
    - Avenger Mega Bolter

all this comes in 34 points shy of the 1850 limit so I have some tweaking room. Basic plan is Ravenwing Squadron and Black Knights scout forward and i go for a first turn Deathwing Assault with the Termies...... any thoughts on improving the force?

ALShrive
    ALShrive; found somewhere between fact and breakfast.
    Horseman of the Derailment

Quote Originally Posted by alshrive View Post
    I am planning to take a Dark Angels army to the next BlogWars tournament and this is the list I have thus far;

Belial 190

Deathwing Command Squad (5 Terminators) 270
    - Halberd of Caliban
    - Apothecary
    - Plama Cannon

Deathwing Knights (5 Knights) 235

Deathwing Terminator Squad (5 Terminators) 245
    - Assault Cannon
    - Chainfist

Deathwing Terminator Squad (5 Terminators) 250
    - Cyclone Missile Launcher
    - Chainfist

Ravenwing Attack Squadron (6 Bikers) 236
    - 2 Meltaguns
    - Attack Bike w/ Multi-Melta

Ravenwing Black Knights (5 Knights) 210

Nephilim Jetfighter 180
    - Avenger Mega Bolter

all this comes in 34 points shy of the 1850 limit so I have some tweaking room. Basic plan is Ravenwing Squadron and Black Knights scout forward and i go for a first turn Deathwing Assault with the Termies...... any thoughts on improving the force?

ALShrive
    two troop choices, brave! I'm firmly of the opinion that triwing is the best way to go with this codex. A good mix of terminators, Tac marines and bikes works really well together.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast