BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tynskel View Post
    Yet, you haven't seen them in action.

Stick belial with them, and start as far forward as possible. Turn 2, teleport your terminators into b2b. Bam, majority toughness 5 on your entire army.

Btw, they are all in terminator armor...
    yes i know they're all in terminator armour, and i have used them.

interesting idea teleporting the other terminators in though, didn't think you could put two different units in base to base contact. I will have to check that!

Quote Originally Posted by Tynskel View Post
    Yet, you haven't seen them in action.

Stick belial with them, and start as far forward as possible. Turn 2, teleport your terminators into b2b. Bam, majority toughness 5 on your entire army.

Btw, they are all in terminator armor...
    I would rather use a command squad as a non scoring unit with a deathwing banner. I think the Halberd on the champ is fantastic. Give the rest of them TH/SS.

I am with the previous poster in that AP4 str 6 assault weapons on a model that can survive a lot of damage doesn't seem as balanced as the TH. I don't think grouping up my Terminators for a T5 and a 3++ only to have one round of strong combat. I doubt they will be that bad overall. I just think the command squad with a Halberd champ and a banner would be the stronger option.
    Last edited by Spamthulhu; 01-24-2013 at 12:17 PM.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Simian View Post
    yes i know they're all in terminator armour, and i have used them.

interesting idea teleporting the other terminators in though, didn't think you could put two different units in base to base contact. I will have to check that!
    There's nothing preventing you from doing that. Teleporting into base to base contact with your allies is not teleporting into impassible terrain.
    QUOTE Jwolf: "Besides, Tynskel isn't evil, he's just drawn that way. "

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Spamthulhu View Post
    I don't think grouping up my Terminators for a T5 and a 3++ only to have one round of strong combat.
    I am talking about teleporting your other terminators into base to base with the Deathwing Knights. The rule is that any model with 'Inner Circle' in base to base with 2 models that have the 'Fortress of Shields' rule gain +1T. All terminators have 'Inner Circle' rule.

Chapter-Master

Hey, just thought I would ask; are there any additions to the Tactica you guys would like to see? I'm interested, particularly as I feel I may not have covered Deathwing/Ravenwing as Troops thoroughly enough.
    Cheers.
    Check out my blog!
    http://imperatorguides.blogspot.com.au/

I wouldn't mind some more discussion on good ways to kit out your standard Deathwing squad. Do you put one guy with the heavy weapon and upgrade everyone else you can to TH/SS, or are there other load outs worth considering?

Chapter-Master

I bet it really depends on the rest of the army. Each squad should be doing something.

As for Thunder Hammers n' Storm Shields: 5 guys, a TH+SS and one Cyclone.

Chapter-Master

Bump! So how is everyone doing with their Dark Angels?

[url]http://imperatorguides.blogspot.com.au/2013/02/dark-angels-tactica.html[/url]
    Last edited by Learn2Eel; 02-17-2013 at 02:57 AM.
    Check out my blog!
    http://imperatorguides.blogspot.com.au/

What do you use as an AA option in a pure Ravenwing-Army?

For me the Nephelim is to expensive and ineffective, but what else from the the other wings is suitable?
    I was thinking of
    Devastors with a Aegis+LasCan or Quad autocannon. So one of the Devastors can use the signum
    Scoutsquad with rocket launcher or the same as the squad above

Allies would be the last option, but there I would go to IG.

Veteran-Sergeant

What do you guys think of a ten man terminator squad with two lighting cannons, 3 storm bolters, and 5 TH/SS. Break them into 2 combat squads, deepstrike the fire team, and run the CC units in a LRC.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast